onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PV1993 View Post
    Not necessarily - Of all the people I know who went, the ones that did go were more floating attendees as opposed to season ticket holders who would usually go to every game. I'm not generalising here, but I'm just stating that, although some people did cave for that particular game, it wasn't a majority.

I didn't go to that game, nor will I continue to go until the format has been changed.
    Also i think the fact they sold 4000 in no time and we'd sold 227 or whatever it was became a tad of an embarrassment.
    People rallied round to ensure we weren't humiliated crowd wise.

I didn't go but fair play to anyone who did rally round.
    I can't see the same people who did go against their principles turning up for Swansea under 23 on a freezing night.

I've had some great nights in the past, Stoke a few times, Exeter, Walsall on pens.
    Just lost it's appeal completely though it also made he who shall not be named a tidy sum in prize money.

2. Advert Advert

didn't go last season and won't be this season if Prem B teams are included again.

Not going, never will under its current format

I will go if it is a reasonable game. I attended the Stoke game and Bristol Rovers away but I won’t make the 5 hour round trip to watch them play some U21 opposition even if it is free entry.

No. The bigger picture is far more important.

7. Poster thanked by

Didn't go to the stoke friendly. Wont go to Wembley if we get there in this car crash of a competition.

The day b teams are removed is the day I'll attend again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko51 View Post
    Lots of boycotters turned up for the Stoke game??
    This one didn’t, not been to one since the format changed, despite going to every league game, fa cup and league cup game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko51 View Post
    Lots of boycotters turned up for the Stoke game??
    I didn’t

Never went to game since they introduced the B sides, not even the Stoke game. Will never go to another tin pot trophy game until they revert it back to a proper competition.

12. Poster thanked by

Is there any news on the format next season.Will it be changed or will it remain as it is with the B teams being involved?

I will continue to go to the games other than those against u21 teams.

I think it sends a clearer message if we have decent attendances against normal teams that it is just the u21 aspect that we don't agree with.

Boycotting all games sends out the message that the idea of a lower league competition in general is unwanted.

The low attendances at these games prior to the introduction of u21 teams sent out that message long ago and is probably why the organisers felt that they needed to or could make these changes in the first place.

The club still have to pay to put a match on. things like staffing costs, electricity, appearance fees etc.

I'm all for a boycott to send a message to the FA but I think the boycott of all games has more of a negative impact on the clubs than is necessary. It also isn't clear outside of fan groups whether it is actually a boycott or just falling attendances.
    Last edited by wotsyobeef; 23-05-19 at 12:33 PM.

15. Poster thanked by

I feel extremely frustrated with those who turn up for these games, particularly those who criticise the format but then actively encourage its continuation by attending matches. Each to their own and I wouldn't call them scabs but I do find it hypocritical. Isn't it like disliking and speaking out against the working practices of, say, Sports Direct but then shopping there?

I agree that the Supporters Club (in conjunction with other clubs' SCs) arrange an 'official' boycott. It's the short end of the wedge, IMO, and nothing good will come from it continuing in it's current format.

17. Poster thanked by

18. Advert Advert

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions