onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Checkatrade boycott

Interested if peoples opinions have changed or will change under the new regime? Personally I attended most of the checkatrade games last season, but understood people's reasons for not going aswell. In light of the new era at Vale park, and every penny counting, will this sway more people to attend or is the mood concerning the Trophy exactly the same?

2. Advert Advert

If they haven't changed the format, then I haven't changed my mind. Club ownership wasn't my motivation for not attending.

The ownership of the club had nothing to do with my contempt for the competition.

Sadly was seen as a huge success due to the Pompey v Mackems 80'000 attendance.

Still won't attend.

I haven't been since they first admitted junior teams into the tournament and I can't see any reason why I would go to a game in the current format.

My stance is exactly the same.It will remain that way unless the format is changed.

The format hasn't changed, and I totally agree that it's been devalued by letting in premiership youth teams. However our ground only hosts matches 23 times a year, wouldn't these games be a way of boosting income, selling food etc

Quote Originally Posted by connor hackett View Post
    The format hasn't changed, and I totally agree that it's been devalued by letting in premiership youth teams. However our ground only hosts matches 23 times a year, wouldn't these games be a way of boosting income, selling food etc
    Let's see what Carol has to offer to induce us to attend (in the nicest possible way). I don't feel like making a 70 mile round trip to watch Vale play some kids' team.

Lots of boycotters turned up for the Stoke game??

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko51 View Post
    Very true

I think its safe to assume that we can have an educated guess why.It was nothing to do with the Checkatrade trophy.

Not necessarily - Of all the people I know who went, the ones that did go were more floating attendees as opposed to season ticket holders who would usually go to every game. I'm not generalising here, but I'm just stating that, although some people did cave for that particular game, it wasn't a majority.

I didn't go to that game, nor will I continue to go until the format has been changed.

It's hard to know how many of those were going against their boycott and how many turned up solely because of the prospect of a barney.

14. Advert Advert

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions