onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The manager

You never know. Even with Smurf at the helm those clubs would have bigger budgets under his ownership.

Smurf may have bled the club but the budget for next season looks little better.

Also, nice as the Shanahan’s are Compared to the abnoxious Smurfwaite, there is no increased playing budget being spoken of, just an idea of fewer, better players in a smaller squad.

Maybe Askey would rather we had a bigger playing budget?

I know we needed one and maybe he is pushing for that?

2. Advert Advert

Quote Originally Posted by geosname View Post
    If he doesn't want the job cut him loose...... if he does, on agreeable terms, sign him up.

We don't need delays this early in the journey.
    David Flitcroft available.
    Need to move quickly as he will soon be snapped up.
    Move on if Askey not happy.
    Need to sign players quickly before they go on holiday.

It's a bit frustrating as I'm presuming we all thought it was a simple matter of crossing the t's and dotting the i's but there must be a bit more to it than that. Length of contract? Basic wage? Bonuses? Budget for players? Who knows?

The Sentinel seems very confident that Askey will be here but as the club's top priority it's puzzling why it's dragging on.
    But patience is not in the vocabulary of your average football fan.

I'd think he will be staying and maybe it's a few legal loose ends to tidy up.

5. Poster thanked by

I wouldn’t be held to ransom by Askey with his managerial track record, there are plenty of more experienced managers available so if he isn’t happy with what’s been offered let him go !

7. Poster thanked by

Had me up until the working for Smurthwaite again part. Can't imagine any staff member hoping to even work for someone like that again. Askey was apparently keen to stay despite interest from other clubs before the takeover was confirmed so I'd be surprised if he doesn't sign now

Under Askey performances generally improved, but points per game remained broadly the same therefore hardly a disaster if Askey does leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    No direct quotes attributed. It's from the Mirror though so they probably just hacked their phones.
    Why is there a delay with the manager does he want the job or not if not let him go if yes sign him now and stop messing about everything as been going well and now this over the Manager.

I don't think he will go. The Sentinel have been working with Askey and the Shanahans for the past fortnight and I've lost track of the number of times Mike Baggaley has said he expects Askey to be the manager next season on his blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Erniemossrules View Post
    David Flitcroft available.
    Need to move quickly as he will soon be snapped up.
    Move on if Askey not happy.
    Need to sign players quickly before they go on holiday.
    that would be a dreadful choice. Mansfield were glad to see the back of him, as were Swindon and Bury.

I think deep down its starting to annoy fans,i know he still has a contract until june the first but what is the delay,he wants stay,kevin and carol want him to stay,is it down to money? length of deal? who knows.What we do know is that we wont get any players signed up when in theory we haven't got a manager...…….frustrating

14. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    that would be a dreadful choice. Mansfield were glad to see the back of him, as were Swindon and Bury.
    He would also be very expensive

Other than Askey my choices would of been Clarke(now Walsall) and Hurst(now Scunthorpe) both now snapped up

16. Poster thanked by

Just thought, maybe to trusting when signing the Shrewsbury contract and got badly bitten, so his agent is making sure the deal is right for both parties, let's be patient, all will be reviewed shortly, keep the faith

18. Advert Advert

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions