onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatwave View Post
    I've been a Vale fan since 1966 and the current shirt badge was the badge in use then as it had been since the club's move to Burslem.
    Not quite the same Mel

E2AAEA36-8D55-4AFB-AE2F-B974CA58C64B.jpg

2. Advert Advert

Quote Originally Posted by mr.hobblesworth View Post
    Yeah, I thought it was Wildes too. Wasn't it around the time of that ill fated limited edition 3rd shirt?
    The ones that were cash-only sales. There's nothing remotely dodgy about that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pjg1876 View Post
    Don't be a smartarse Phil. Yes there are detail differences but essentially it's the same one.

I'd sooner have a crest based on our historic link with Burslem rather than something come up with by some 80s image consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.hobblesworth View Post
    When Carol alluded to her inadvertently dropping a big hint about the next kit manufacturer, what was she talking about?

I wondered if they'd make any announcement about bringing back cash at the turnstiles but didn't catch it if they did. Good.

I really liked what they had to say about putting the hub at the heart of the community, using the kitchens to feed the hungry etc.
    They did mention the idea of having contactless turnstiles as well as contactless terminals at the kiosks. Plus having a ticket sales kiosk at the Lorne St side of the ground so fans dont have to walk to the ticket office and then walk back around...

Quote Originally Posted by Heatwave View Post
    Don't be a smartarse Phil. Yes there are detail differences but essentially it's the same one.

I'd sooner have a crest based on our historic link with Burslem rather than something come up with by some 80s image consultant.
    If I remember right mate that badge was designed through school kids
    I prefer the one we use now got more about it

Super Moderator
    In a shed just behind OVF towers waiting for my ration book
    At this point in time I don't give a rats ass which badge we use, if the flags are flying, if the bogs are updated or if the stands finished.
    My only concern is if the new owners can pick us up off the tip and recycle us back into a respectable football club where the fans can enjoy the game, restore their faith and pride....... it's a bloody daunting task..... I think they can.

Quote Originally Posted by geosname View Post
    At this point in time I don't give a rats ass which badge we use, if the flags are flying, if the bogs are updated or if the stands finished.
    My only concern is if the new owners can pick us up off the tip and recycle us back into a respectable football club where the fans can enjoy the game, restore their faith and pride....... it's a bloody daunting task..... I think they can.
    Good shout.
    I want to have the comfort of being a mid table non entity with a glimmer of the play offs.
    Not sure i can take many more games like Chesterfield and Notts County at my age !!

The rest will follow, i just want a competitive team that never has to worry about Braintree or Spennymoor rocking up at Vale Park.

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by geosname View Post
    If they can put a 1000 on the gate that can be worth 400,000 or thereabouts whether STs or walk-ups. So more funds to start the climb back, the more that come the more solid the climb on the pitch.

11. Poster thanked by

I think as long as season ticket holders dont mind they should a cheap home end (bycars)ok it means the away end would have be priced the same but if only 99 away fans coming (say Stevenage etc ),then it aint going make a lot of difference to the gate but if its cheaper get in the away following could treble etc which would mean more home support would come out creating more atmosphere and more energy for the players hopefully .
    Ten match tickets i will gladly get one even though id only go maybe 4 max games a season and ill buy me son a full season ticket ,as last season didnt bother and only got my son a ten match one as what i witnessed on the whole the season before hand was nothing short of abysmal.
    Hope the club grows again and folk encouragd as a one wholeheartly and whatever kev and carol do is successful and they get the support they totally deserve .
    UTV

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by darren1810 View Post
    Good shout.
    I want to have the comfort of being a mid table non entity with a glimmer of the play offs.
    Not sure i can take many more games like Chesterfield and Notts County at my age !!

The rest will follow, i just want a competitive team that never has to worry about Braintree or Spennymoor rocking up at Vale Park.
    If there is improvement on last season.... on and off the pitch...... I will be happy.
    I would guess it will be 3-5 years before we really start to bite as a club..... I'm happy with that too.
    It's a long road up a mountain but step by step I think they can achieve it.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosse69 View Post
    If they can put a 1000 on the gate that can be worth 400,000 or thereabouts whether STs or walk-ups. So more funds to start the climb back, the more that come the more solid the climb on the pitch.
    100% mate..... the more people that turn up the less baggage you carry.

15. Advert Advert

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions