Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Erniemossrules View Post
    So much for honesty and integrity.
    Suppose Garlick couldn’t answer that?

What the frig are you on about? It'll be Dodds' fault next.

2. Advert Advert

Suppose Garlick couldnít answer that?
    Quite sure carol said football matters are for the manager and as he was at a function in London wouldn't be right to discuss same as his contract..

they have only been in 7 days , the garden needs clearing and replanting and allowed to grow..I'm sure garlick wont be given a free ride as eyes will be on him bit the same as aspin its hard to judge anyone under smuggleweight as they clearly had no framework ,trust,input to do their jobs.

its going to be tough next year both on off the pitch and maybe the 2nd year once the fervour has died down..going to take 3-5 yrs on / off the pitch of which 1 week even 1 month 1 year is no time to judge..

hopefully we see start of the fruition the season after this next one, anything earlier would be a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Rudge's Flat Cap View Post
    Isn't identity the moat important thing? Players come and go but what we support is the identity of Port Vale... otherwise known as supporting the badge.
    I suppose I should have some kind of affinity with the old badge (I presume that's what is meant by the yellow and blue one?). But the new badge in this circumstance is actually a reincarnation of a previous badge that we used. I quite like our existing badge. It's the Burslem coat of arms and I think that makes it more appealing to me personally. I used to think the old one looked a bit tacky and I certainly think that, compared to the existing one.

No change for me.

5. Poster thanked by

Fantastic meeting and the green shoots of recovery are there for all to see.

I would love to know what the priorities are on the Ďthings to doí list in regards to the Stadium.

I imagine it is extensive, and is mostly maintenance of the wear and tear.

However, would anyone else like to see the whole stadium kitted out with new shiny seats which are actually all the same colour?

I know itís not plausible this year, but I think at some point replacing all of the seats would give the stadium a massive lift.

Question is, would you stick to yellow/amber or black/white?

Imagine Vale park - the Lorne Street finished, new black and white shiny seats and a new perfect pitch. We can dream. UTV.

Donít get all this hate on the purple.
    I actually like, that we play around a bit with the color of the away kit. Returning to yellow every 2-3 years. But as long as itís not red and white, I donít give a toss about what color it is, as long as itís nice and modern!
    Donít get stuck in Ďtraditioní and Ďweíve always had...í. Things evolve, and as long as the home shirt is white and black, itís all good 😊

That being said, my absolute no. 1 undisputed favorite away kit, is the 97-99 black and yellow squared one. Still have it and cherish it with all my heart!
    Last edited by Danish Valiant; 15-05-19 at 07:27 PM.

8. Poster thanked by

Suppose Garlick couldnít answer that?
    Garlick wasn't asked. He did answer questions about the budget though. I suppose you wouldn't have believed him whatever he said. Interesting that one of the words Carol used in relation to Colin Garlick was "honourable".

10. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Carol made it very clear that the football side of things is down purely to the manager.

What part of the above post don't you understand ????

13th best budget in the league and we think we should be challenging for the play offs.... not a chance, we are where we are for that reason. Do we really think weíll be any where near the top 10 next year??? I donít hold much hope, despite the more reasons to be cheerful now that Chump has gone

I support our football club, not necessarily a badge. The badge is just a reference to that club at that current time, not the identity of that club - it can...and has...changed over the years and will probably change again in the future. As with the kit, incidentally! Personally, i like both those badges...and I like the purple away kit...but it doesn't actually matter what badge and kit colour we adopt for next season - I will be supporting the Vale...and the new owners, of course!

I've been a Vale fan since 1966 and the current shirt badge was the badge in use then, as it had been since the club's move to Burslem. Bell changed it in the late 80s and it was changed back by Smurthwaite when he arrived on the scene. I think that means the current badge has been in use longer overall, longer during my time as a Vale fan so that's the one I think we should stick with. I can understand people wanting the other one as its use was concurrent with the greatest period in the club's history, but I don't agree.

Having said all that, I think it takes second place in the order of priorities, as does the shirt supply, behind those that fill the shirts. They should have pride in the badge as well as ability and I'm hoping the manager, Carol and Kevin will be the ones to instil it.

I really don't think it was that idiot who changed the badge, mainly because he wouldn't have had the imagination to do so. I'm pretty sure it was Paul Wildes.

I've only started buying club gear since we started using the old badge again. The previous one was really naff.

Yeah, I thought it was Wildes too. Wasn't it around the time of that ill fated limited edition 3rd shirt?

17. Advert Advert

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions