Fans Forum with new owners - Page 3
onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    That stuff about Smurthwaite still taking the impending 400k of the Hugill money genuinely made me feel sick. To think I ever gave that nasty malicious **** the benefit of the doubt.

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert Advert

The live streaming was fantastic a great move in this day and age, Max should be congratulated, can’t imagine that happening a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.hobblesworth View Post
    That stuff about Smurthwaite still taking the impending 400k of the Hugill money genuinely made me feel sick. To think I ever gave that nasty malicious **** the benefit of the doubt.
    That made me feel sick also, to think he will have had the best part of 2 million from a deal he played absolutely no part in setting up.

6. Poster thanked by

Very hard to articulate what tonight meant.

There has been times in the past months and years where not only have I questioned my personal affiliation with Vale, but the club's existence in itself.

Whilst we may not seen instant, seismic on the field success, we can be sure of a club protected for the current generation and the ones to come, by people who aren't in it for the ego trip or the money, but to serve Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, and the Vale fans.

Carol and Kevin have a massive, massive job on their hands. I'm happy to give them the year to get it in order. Tonight was infinitely smoother than any other event the club has held, which is testament to the work done by Max and his team. However, I'm happy to content myself with the knowledge that Vale is safe hands and success is coming, at one point or another.

There have been a lot of people who have done a lot of things to keep this club alive; some named, some not named. Everyone who in any way contributed to the survival of the club can carry that with them whenever they enter the ground.

Cheers to you all. See you next season.

One person that may be allowed some freedom, or to fulfil a job description, is Colin Garlick and the Vale support team. Hopefully with his rapport with Carol and Kevin, plus the willingness to provide a structure of openness, from top to bottom. We shall see the, so called little bits, that do make a difference, filter through. Vale is a commmunity. We all do our bit, (some moan more than others, but that is life). Lets support all the initiatives and suggest more, if we can. At least now our opinion will be listened to and we can help in our own way. UTV

Btw Moan, meant do not agree,
    Last edited by ginginator; 14-05-19 at 10:52 PM.

If any one needed to know the meaning of the phrase " A breath of fresh air " then if you were there tonight you would have understood what it meant.....What a difference from the sarcastic, dismissive,patronising,illiterate,a rgumentative and arrogant person our ex owner was,Carol and Kevin really are " A breath of fresh air "

What a great night that’s been, so happy to see Carol and Kevin owning our club onwards and upwards UTV

Nice to hear the mood music emanating from the meeting, but was anything substantial said?

Quote Originally Posted by Heatwave View Post
    Nice to hear the mood music emanating from the meeting, but was anything substantial said?
    Such as ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vale fan in Alsager View Post
    One question .
    Do you feel there is any benefit of playing games at Vale park when the ground running costs must be astronomical .
    Will you be thinking of a new small stadium in the future as our support is not there not 190000 anyway .
    Also were you impressed with the current crop of players who you witnessed the last year regularly if so who would you keep opinion wise and not the managers.
    UTV and idliketo applaud you for taking on a major job as really the only way is up we hope and i cannot thank you enough for giving Vale back to the most important folk The Fans
    Carol answered that in a roundabout way on Signal radio Sat mate. She said she loves Vale park, and when fans say the ground is too big, they shouldn't look at it like that, but the fact the League we are in is too small.
    A far more positive attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatwave View Post
    I only skimmed through the vid
    First of all it would be a love in because Gorm has gone
    I got Askey hasn’t signed his contact yet but Colin said he will.
    The grounds a **** hole bur Carol is trying to get volunteer days to clean it up close season
    She’s trying to portray more class for weddings which is where they can make serious money.
    800 season tickets been sold.CG hopes for a boost late May and June

That’s from 5 minutes skimming.

So there’s 3 things from watching for 5 minutes

Kevin sounds very like Adrian Chiles.

16. Advert Advert

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions