Fans Forum with new owners - Page 5
onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    They said last night that we were still due 400k but they would have to forward it to Norman when it arrived in January 2020.

2. Advert Advert

Foreign kids??? What was that about?

Quote Originally Posted by melv View Post
    Watching the stream and keep thinking how much Kevin looks like Clement Freud 😉
    Well in that case and for those of us old enough to remember, lets hope we 'Winalot' !

5. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by mr.hobblesworth View Post
    They said last night that we were still due 400k but they would have to forward it to Norman when it arrived in January 2020.
    No, the club will get the 400k but Smurthwaite added it on to the price to buy the club

AH, ok. Sure they said differently last night but I believe you. Where did you read/ hear this?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.hobblesworth View Post
    AH, ok. Sure they said differently last night but I believe you. Where did you read/ hear this?
    Sentinel :-

Kevin Shanahan added: "In the spirit of being open, what Colin said is absolutely true. When the money comes in, it will come in, but in sorting out the sales and purchase agreement, that £400,000 went straight to Mr S." (Norman Smurthwaite).

We spoke to Kevin after the meeting just to clarify this. He explained that the £400,000 final instalment next January will go to Vale, not to Norman Smurthwaite. However, that £400,000 was reflected in the price the Shanahans have just paid for the club.

9. Poster thanked by

I think Carol and Kevin both know if they get it right on the pitch everything else will be easier to deal with

I just hope they get some time like Colin stated last night to put the wrongs right and fans are not hammering then at Xmas if we are not in the play offs

For the first time in years I feel this could be the start of a great period for the club but we all need to be patient

11. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Vale fan in Alsager View Post
    One question .
    Do you feel there is any benefit of playing games at Vale park when the ground running costs must be astronomical .
    Will you be thinking of a new small stadium in the future as our support is not there not 190000 anyway .
    Also were you impressed with the current crop of players who you witnessed the last year regularly if so who would you keep opinion wise and not the managers.
    UTV and idliketo applaud you for taking on a major job as really the only way is up we hope and i cannot thank you enough for giving Vale back to the most important folk The Fans
    I keep hearing that the running costs for Vale Park must be astronomical. This is a genuine question and not to be confrontational -why must they? Is there really that much structural work being done on a regular basis/needs doing (unfinished stand excepted)? If we were to hypothetically move to a new ground, where would the month by month saving of having a new 10k seater stadium vs vale Park come from? Presumably staffing and running costs would be the sale/similar - possibly saving on electricity etc????

Like I say, not being confrontational, I just hear that running costs at VP are high and I don't understand why!

A bit late for the fan's forum but I'd like to raise the idea of bringing the old badge back.

I know technically the new one is the old one, but I just don't think it looks very good. The badge we had through the 90s and 00s is the Vale badge for me.

It was Smurthwaite who changed it, could be a bit of a statement to change it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudge's Flat Cap View Post
    A bit late for the fan's forum but I'd like to raise the idea of bringing the old badge back.

I know technically the new one is the old one, but I just don't think it looks very good. The badge we had through the 90s and 00s is the Vale badge for me.

It was Smurthwaite who changed it, could be a bit of a statement to change it back.
    I completely disagree

I like the new badge and really donít like the old one.

I think the fans would be very split on this.

I would like to see the return of the old badge personally, remove any lasting legacy of the dark reign of Smurthwaite from the club.

Bring back the V shaped one with the bloke on the horse.

Or the one that the kid designed in a competition. How long did that last? Three years? Pretty much the Hobbott era.
    Last edited by Santa; 15-05-19 at 12:23 PM.

17. Advert Advert

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions