onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valeparklife View Post
    It's sad that these lads we sell would stand a better chance of a pro career by staying with us, rather than going into the Premier League abyss.

£62k is a decent fee to be fair.

How did Crewe get £300k for Trickett-Smith though?
    It is sad but unfortunately that's football nowadays

2. Advert Advert

With the Druids in sometimes sunny Nth Wales
    I personally wonder what is the point of spending time and money on these kids, when you know they (or their parents) are going to throw it back in your face.

Itís good that the efforts of the vale staff and volunteers seeís some fruition, but gone are the days of us seeing another Mark Chamberlain in Vale colours.

Whatís the answer ? I donít know, but it could start with sensible money passing hands rather than the relevant peanuts mentioned above.

Once again The Greed Is Good League screws football.

4. Poster thanked by

We've always been a selling Club.
    McPhee, Brooker, Taylor, Earle?
    Annoying, I fully agree, but that's life for a lower league club.

Administrator Admin team
    Be thankful it was not this time last week. £60k would buy Norman something nice for a Saturday evening.!!!

7. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by valeparklife View Post
    It's sad that these lads we sell would stand a better chance of a pro career by staying with us, rather than going into the Premier League abyss.

£62k is a decent fee to be fair.

How did Crewe get £300k for Trickett-Smith though?
    Thatís still a lot less that Norman got for the 11 year old we sold Man City not long ago. Itís frightening what the likes of Man City can do.

Years ago Vale had a young lad from a club called Telford Jacks , he was a brilliant young forward, scored loads of goals for Vale youth teams. When he was 16 he went for England schoolboy trials, Mike Pejic didn't want him to go, but he went ,and the inevitable happened, he was picked up by Man Utd . Don't think Vale got a penny for him. His name was David Johnson ,had a great career scoring for utd and later Nottingham Forest.
    Last edited by aspin for england; 11-05-19 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/spor...sfield-2857612

Good to see how well our Academy is doing and even more pleasing to think the money goes to Port Vale Football Club
    Just hope the deal was concluded after Tuesday

Sad to see that in 2019 its legal to sell young kids like pieces of meat , this would not be allowed in another sport apart from football ( no wonder the national team are rubbish) anyway good luck to the kid and good work again by Sevvy and all at the academy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
    We've always been a selling Club.
    McPhee, Brooker, Taylor, Earle?
    Annoying, I fully agree, but that's life for a lower league club.
    Although I agree in principal, I don't think that's wholly true, Foyle, Glover Aspin and Ainsworth for instance

Quote Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
    Sad to see that in 2019 its legal to sell young kids like pieces of meat , this would not be allowed in another sport apart from football ( no wonder the national team are rubbish) anyway good luck to the kid and good work again by Sevvy and all at the academy.
    To be fair to the kid he picked Huddersfield before Liverpool and Southampton.
    How did Gorm get more for the kid who went to Man City?

Quote Originally Posted by Birches Head Fred View Post
    Although I agree in principal, I don't think that's wholly true, Foyle, Glover Aspin and Ainsworth for instance
    To be fair those four came in at the only time in our history that we haven't been strapped for cash, courtesy of ITV Digital and Billy's biscuit tin.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatwave View Post
    To be fair those four came in at the only time in our history that we haven't been strapped for cash, courtesy of ITV Digital and Billy's biscuit tin.
    ...and John Rudge being a motherflipping genius.

16. Poster thanked by

17. Advert Advert

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions