Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Academy player sold..........

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/spor...sfield-2857612

Good to see how well our Academy is doing and even more pleasing to think the money goes to Port Vale Football Club

2. Advert Advert

would be even nicer to keep some young talent

4. Poster thanked by

At least under Carol we now know that any money like that will go straight into the club

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    would be even nicer to keep some young talent
    It would but as usual money talks.

Is there anything we can do to stop our better youth players being poached so much?

I wonder what sort of fees we get for them. I imagine there's a lot of add-ons but I'd be interested to know what the initial fees are.

Quote Originally Posted by valeparklife View Post
    Is there anything we can do to stop our better youth players being poached so much?

I wonder what sort of fees we get for them. I imagine there's a lot of add-ons but I'd be interested to know what the initial fees are.
    No there’s nothing we can do to stop the lads going to a bigger club. We’ve got good money for Luke so you get on with it and try and develop another one to be sold.

Academy scouts from top clubs come to watch Vale’s academy most weeks and pick who they want basically if anyone stands out. That’s the way it is.

Literally nothing you can do at all.

There is an agreed formulae

£3000 per season he spent upto 12, so thats £12000 assuming its 4 full seasons, then £12500 per season upto 16 as our academy is cat 3 ?

I think thats right ?

11. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by tisdeano View Post
    There is an agreed formulae

£3000 per season he spent upto 12, so thats £12000 assuming its 4 full seasons, then £12500 per season upto 16 as our academy is cat 3 ?

I think thats right ?
    By my reckoning that’s about £62k then, not to be sniffed at.

13. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    By my reckoning that’s about £62k then, not to be sniffed at.
    Then there’s the add ons.

The add ons for the young lad that went Man City were quite high.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyford_valiant View Post
    Then there’s the add ons.

The add ons for the young lad that went Man City were quite high.
    It’s sad that these good young kids never get to play for the Vale first team, but clubs like vale can’t turn that sort of money down, heartening now to know it’s not going in someone’s arse pocket.

It's sad that these lads we sell would stand a better chance of a pro career by staying with us, rather than going into the Premier League abyss.

£62k is a decent fee to be fair.

How did Crewe get £300k for Trickett-Smith though?

17. Advert Advert

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions