onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list

I'd literally release as many as we possibly can.

No one in this team is irreplaceable. Rebuild starts here. Two seasons of underachievement needs to be culled.

If they don't fancy it, or aren't good enough, show them the door; they just finished 20th.

I won't be sad to see any of them leave.

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert Advert

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyvalefan View Post
    For me I would add Miller to that list. Not worth the hassle and not very good anyway.

I would give Angus a chance too. Maybe 6 months? He has done well in his loan spells and hasnít been given a fair chance here

I would definitely keep Conlon. Think heís actually our best midfielder after Manny

Question marks over Kay and Hannant too but would lean to keeping both as I think they both have things to offer and are reliable

Miller was in my ' bad eggs ' list.
    Forgot about Kay, can't knock him really but at 37 in October is he really what we need.
    Hannant again, hard worker, end product? Very little really.

I think Hannant is worth keeping but only as a back up player and you are right that the question mark over Kay is his age but he seems fit enough to me and while he isnít going to play too much he is a good experienced head in there.

Kay HAS to be released!
    Already over the hill now, so let the guy leave with some dignity, before he has to be carried out.
    We must get more energetic players, for the way Askey wants to play.

Additionally I donít want to see us try to sign Crookes. He started off ok but faded badly. He is a poor player. Clark on the other hand should definitely be on the radar.

8. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyvalefan View Post
    Additionally I donít want to see us try to sign Crookes. He started off ok but faded badly. He is a poor player. Clark on the other hand should definitely be on the radar.
    No chance of signing Clark and I agree we should be nowhere near signing Crookes. Heís garbage.

Clark is going to Bayern or Dortmund

Tony Kay is a good pro and has done a job but isn't good enough. Nowhere near.

His abilities are completely overshadowed by being the slowest outfield player I've seen in a decade. He makes Pope look like Thierry Henry.

Nothing against him but we need to be moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
    Tony Kay is a good pro and has done a job but isn't good enough. Nowhere near.

His abilities are completely overshadowed by being the slowest outfield player I've seen in a decade. He makes Pope look like Thierry Henry.

Nothing against him but we need to be moving on.
    Had you forgotten about Tonge?

Well heres who id keep and who i would move on and hopefully they serve there next club with more heart effort and dedication than they did this club .
    Brown Oyeleke Hannant Conlon id keep i like what they offer .
    Players im unsure of Joyce /Worrall /Montano theres undoubted ability in these players but we have rarely witnessed it and not to a consistent level mind i suppose they wouldnt be playing for a team whats finished nearly bottom of the entire football league .
    Kay is a good back up player but nothing more as is Popey there legs cannot be expected do what they have been able doespecially Tom Pope who has been responsible for many up moments in these very poor years overall season efforts.
    So id sell Smith the lad as proved that its always going be nearer lower reaches of the league standard for him .
    The rest well theres the door good luck .
    Im not putting Calverley Benns Elliot and Dior in that bracket ,have not witnessed enough of them make a judgement .
    Elliot has something .
    Maybe a pre season for him will turn him intoa player a very good one at that .
    UTV welcome the Shanahans .

VFIA is the best poster ever

15. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by darren1810 View Post
    Clark is going to Bayern or Dortmund

17. Advert Advert

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions