Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list

Retained list

This should be due any day now. What are we expecting? Who to keep and who to go? Personally I think there may be some surprise exits on there (donít know anything just a hunch.)

2. Advert Advert

I wouldn't say that any player exiting would be a surprise as such, given how crap most of them have been this season. I think any 'surprises' will arise out of players still under contract being released, such as Whitfield, Monty and Miller.

4. Poster thanked by

Players are being told today.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Zebra View Post
    Players are being told today.
    So we should know tonight or tomorrow morning.

7. Poster thanked by

My major concern is that C & K have spent so much buying the club from the blue buffoon that there's not much for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatwave View Post
    My major concern is that C & K have spent so much buying the club from the blue buffoon that there's not much for anything else.
    I don't think that's necessarily true. It seems that the Club was pretty much self-sufficient over the past couple of years, so if that's the starting point (happy to be proven wrong), all it would take is a steady increase in funds made available to the manager to gradually improve the playing squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatwave View Post
    Thatís why ST sales are vital.

The regular first team players should be offered 2 year contracts.The bench warmers and sick notes replaced by young hungry players.

It must be horrible time for managers up and down the country. We never seem to realise it is a persons job and livelihood, cut throat profession.

It can come across as callous but for my two penneth worth

Release
    Elliott
    Turner
    Vassell
    Tonge
    Pugh ( stay on as coach )
    Rawlinson
    Angus

Jury out for me on
    Calverley
    Benns

Remain unconvinced
    Conlon ( Sam Kelly also scored worldies )

And who knows what to make of Trickett-Smith signed by the loon and sent back to Level 8 football at Leek. Will Askey want him ?

Then there is the so called ' bad eggs ' to offload.
    Last edited by darren1810; 08-05-19 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darren1810 View Post
    It must be horrible time for managers up and down the country. We never seem to realise it is a persons job and livelihood, cut throat profession.

Release
    Elliott
    Turner
    Vassell
    Tonge
    Rawlinson
    Angus

Jury out for me on
    Calverley
    Benns

Remain unconvinced

And who knows what to make of Trickett-Smith signed by the loon and sent back to Level 8 football at Leek. Will Askey want him ?

I wouldn't be surprised to see any of that. I'm not sure though we've seen the last of Elliott - from what I've seen he has a bit of pace about him, a decent shot and the right attitude, which I think will count a lot with Arthur. Anyway, we'll see - Arthur seems like a good judge of a player to me.

Quote Originally Posted by darren1810 View Post

Release
    Elliott
    Turner
    Vassell
    Tonge
    Rawlinson
    Angus

Jury out for me on
    Calverley
    Benns

Remain unconvinced

For me I would add Miller to that list. Not worth the hassle and not very good anyway.

I would give Angus a chance too. Maybe 6 months? He has done well in his loan spells and hasnít been given a fair chance here

I would definitely keep Conlon. Think heís actually our best midfielder after Manny

Question marks over Kay and Hannant too but would lean to keeping both as I think they both have things to offer and are reliable

15. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyvalefan View Post
    For me I would add Miller to that list. Not worth the hassle and not very good anyway.

I would give Angus a chance too. Maybe 6 months? He has done well in his loan spells and hasnít been given a fair chance here

I would definitely keep Conlon. Think heís actually our best midfielder after Manny

Question marks over Kay and Hannant too but would lean to keeping both as I think they both have things to offer and are reliable
    Miller has gone already. Gibbons may get a 2nd chance. Donít be surprised to see Hannant released.
    Too many of them are unprofessional.

17. Advert Advert

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions