onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list

Two decent out-and-out wingers. A proven goal scoring striker in the lower leagues (easy to get for virtually nothing as we know...... *tumbleweed*), a centre half with decent league experience and a passable replacement for Mitch Clark.

5 absolute musts to cement ourselves in the top half.

WITHOUT A HISTORY OF INJURIES AND POOR DISCIPLINE PLEASE!

2. Advert Advert

Be quite nice to get a creative box to box midfielder who knows where the net is, too.
    It is a massive rebuilding job.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
    Be quite nice to get a creative box to box midfielder who knows where the net is, too.
    It is a massive rebuilding job.
    These don't come cheap!

Unfortunately Anthony Grant has signed a new deal at Shrewsbury.

UV a bit late out of the blocks on Miller being ditched

7. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Zebra View Post
    Unfortunately Anthony Grant has signed a new deal at Shrewsbury.
    I'm afraid Granty doesn't fit the bill with five goals in his last 271 appearances with 5 different clubs,4 goals at Crewe and 1 at Vale.
    No goals with his last 2 clubs.
    Source - Wikipedia

Grant got more than one for us. Scored against Carlisle in cup and Wigan in the league just from memory but he was more of an enforcer than creative force. Similar to Manny

Quote Originally Posted by valefan16 View Post
    Grant got more than one for us. Scored against Carlisle in cup and Wigan in the league just from memory but he was more of an enforcer than creative force. Similar to Manny
    Sorry,league goals only.

Most teams do have a solid defensive midfield player whose job is primarily to shield the back four, give support to the centre backs and pick up late runs into the box. Grant was good at this and that's why he's spent a lot of his career in league one. Did a lot of good work that went unnoticed. We need a player like him now that Kay has departed. Manny isn't the same type and more of a threat going forward. Joyce does a job and can pass the ball well and make space but he's not a destroyer like a Grant or a Griffith. You have to be decent in the air too to play that role well. I'd be happy if we could find someone like Grant for next season. It would take pressure off the centre backs.

Quote Originally Posted by For Us All View Post
    I'm afraid Granty doesn't fit the bill with five goals in his last 271 appearances with 5 different clubs,4 goals at Crewe and 1 at Vale.
    No goals with his last 2 clubs.
    Source - Wikipedia
    Grant is a cdm?

Didn't I hear Askey say this morning on the radio that we wanted two strikers in asap because the only one we had left now was Pope?
    In which case it suggests that Miller has gone - which some of us thought was the case weeks ago. But I've seen nothing about him.
    Cryptically he also said something about wanting people who were professional.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
    Didn't I hear Askey say this morning on the radio that we wanted two strikers in asap because the only one we had left now was Pope?
    In which case it suggests that Miller has gone - which some of us thought was the case weeks ago. But I've seen nothing about him.
    Cryptically he also said something about wanting people who were professional.
    Askey also said he was hoping we can get a decent striker in without having to pay too much, which sounded a bit ominous to me. Good strikers cost money and I hope the new owners can find the brass to help him out. Our previous owner was notorious for saying he could find a better striker than Pope for less money and look how that went. If we are looking for quality in a forward position, we'll have to find the readies, unless we are very, very lucky.

15. Advert Advert

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions