Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Porter

Mark Porter

I just want to say a huge thank you to Mark. He has had to put up with an unbelievable amount of crap over the last few months both from our previous owner and some of our own fans. He has been the public face of the protests so all the flak from the previous owner and his acolytes has been thrown at him. And this has included some rather unpleasant threats.

Thanks a million, Mark. You have shown our previous owner what it means to have a truly emotional connection with a football club.

2. Advert Advert

Agree 100% Jean. Mark has more class in his little finger than our previous owner has ever had thank you Mark, you sir are a real credit to your family and I for one think that the Supporterís club could not be in better hands.

Fair play mark and all the protesters u done a good job 👍

5. Poster thanked by

Ive heard quiet a few people slagging off Mark and other individuals and groups.Ive heard them say what they will do if they get hold of these people.With what these people have done collectively todays event would not have happened.Slowly but surely SOME of these people started to question and then see that what was actually being said was correct.This then opened their eyes and opinions were changed.But its now time to forget all that.Its water under the bridge.Its time to unite.Its time to get together,get your season tickets.get behind the team and support them.
    Last edited by melv; 07-05-19 at 10:47 PM.

7. Poster thanked by

I'm glad someone started this thread and I completely agree with everything in the original post. There are a few other folk who deserve a good pat on the back but none got as much flak as Mark Porter.

9. Poster thanked by

Conducted himself with dignity throughout. Is a credit to both the club as well as local junior football. Top man

11. Poster thanked by

Add my appreciation to Mark. Handled everything in a dignified and democratic manner. Unbelievable pressure on his shoulders but he, along with others, have actually managed to unite many varying sections of the whole fan base. As a Lorne Street season ticket holder I have experienced a marked change in the atmosphere and belief installed by people such as Mark as the ownership of our great Club has been played out. Many fans who could not accept (unbelievably) we HAD to replace Smuthwaite have seen the light and the clouds over Vale Park are now dispersed. The feel good factor is returning and this is due, in a large part, to the actions of Valiants like Mark. Thanks.

13. Poster thanked by

Given the shxt he had to take fron Norman and his mates he still managed to keep his dignity while being instrumental in the bar steward's downfall.

Fair play to you Mark. Continue to be the conscience of the Vale support for many years to come.

15. Poster thanked by

I agree, well done Mark. Very dignified throughout.

17. Poster thanked by

Despite the distance, Iíve got to know Mark quite well in recent years. A better man you could not find, to head the supporters club. He has shown his integrity, perseverance and character, over the last year. Top bloke.

19. Poster thanked by

I sat with Mark and spoke to him at the Sunderland game in the FA cup. True gentleman, passionate and vocal about Port Vale and a terrific ambassador for the Supporters Club, and as a representative of, to coin a phrase from Carol & Kevin, the "Port Vale Family". He deserves to be recognised, and I am sure that at the next supporters club meeting, we can all take the opportunity to thank Mark for everything he has done.

21. Poster thanked by

I forgive Mark now for losing the club £500,000. <Edit>
    Last edited by Fosse69; 08-05-19 at 12:47 PM. Reason: personal

23. Poster thanked by

24. Advert Advert

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions