Who should we sign? - Page 3
onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 3 of 138 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Letís hope he can get a few out because I doubt carol will be able to provide a budget to compete at the higher end.

He will have to wheel and deal I think and hopefully he can pick a few up who can Improve us. If only we had owners who could back him with who he wanted.

Iím looking forward to seeing the new owners plans for the club as well

2. Advert Advert

Quote Originally Posted by leedsvaliant View Post
    I know this is very early but who should we try to sign to push us on? For me maybe someone like szmodics (sp?) and maybe a non league striker like Rowe from Fylde or McCallum from eastleigh?

I'm guessing we'll have a reasonable budget to go at, so I'm hoping we actually sign some in form or established players rather than hopeful punts or past its
    I think it's more a case of who can we sign?
    As usual it's all about the money.

Yes. It's always about the money but should the takeover go through then there will be such a great feelgood factor about the club that I think players will buy in to.
    Hopefully players turning us down due to Smurf's reputation will not be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    several mentions for Enzio Boldwijn, but if you look on the Notts forum, hes mentioned as one of the reasons they went down.
    Is on a big wage there I believe but if we can get in players like Angol and Jones then they would improve the team and I would guess could be structured into our new wage structure

6. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by For Us All View Post
    I think it's more a case of who can we sign?
    As usual it's all about the money.
    They cant and wont throw millions at it and we don't expect that but they will have a better wage policy as they know what it costs to get players in,i also expect all monies that goes into the club to be spent on the club unlike Gorm….I don't expect us to be scraping the barrel for the likes of dodds at a few hundred quid a week

8. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Budgie_2260 View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t look at Lee Angol.

Askey signed him for the Shrews, he didn’t play after Askey was sacked and was loaned to Lincoln but hasn’t really featured
    I checked Angol's scoring record on wiki and it seems he's done really well in non-league but has struggled a bit in the EFL scoring just 26 goals in 116, which is not that brilliant if we are looking for a prolific forward. It may though have depended on where they played him because he's listed as a midfielder/forward. If most of his goals were from midfield (and he's over 6'1", which would give us some much needed height in the centre of the pitch), that's not too shabby. Anyway, I guess Arthur will know all about him.

Let's poach Aaron Collins from Morecambe.

There may be a couple of players at Macc who would improve the team and not on massive wages.
    They are still in a desperate situation and their players won’t be happy not being paid and not knowing what is going to happen in the future.

A smaller squad would mean if we had the same budget we could afford to pay higher wages for the correct players.Good early Season ticket sales would help improve the playing side.We shouldnít wait around for players edging their bets waiting for better offers.
    We donít want the dregs no other club wants like in previous seasons.
    Last edited by Erniemossrules; 05-05-19 at 04:33 PM.

13. Poster thanked by

Iíve also heard from Crewe supporting friends that we are possibly interested in George Ray.

Rumours from Gresty Road are that he has signed a pre contract agreement with a league 2 club.

Quote Originally Posted by Budgie_2260 View Post
    I’ve also heard from Crewe supporting friends that we are possibly interested in George Ray.

Rumours from Gresty Road are that he has signed a pre contract agreement with a league 2 club.
    Ive heard that as well............

I have far more faith in the new regime in signing players than I ever did with Gorm in charge.

Let John Askey have his way, within reason, and let John Rudge help as best he can - in them I do have faith.

17. Poster thanked by

18. Advert Advert

Page 3 of 138 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions