onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 2 of 138 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Curtain View Post
    I think people need to calm down a little... Carol (fingers crossed) will bring a sensible approach to running the vale, which is exactly what we need.

Thinking we have any chance of signing Szmodics or Mayor is unrealistic and a little daft!
    I agree but what they do know is that they will have to pay decent wages(within their means) and not pay Gorms stupid wage policy so I believe we will get decent players and might be surprised with one or two,they wont be stupid but know they have to pay for decent strikers...I doubt they will scrape the bottom of the barrel on manager wages either

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert Advert

More than anything else we need to sign some players with goals in them. When you look at our list of goalscorers, it's pretty thin once you've got past Tom:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...le/top-scorers

I'm not sure what to expect in terms of funding if Synectics take over, but good strikers don't come cheap and we can't keep taking chances on non-league players to make up our main strike force, untried in the football league. Our problem is competing financially with other clubs, so I just hope that the Shanahans have got a few savings in their piggy bank.

To strengthen our midfield I'd go for Elliot Durrell from Macc but he's not a goalscorer (just 4 league goals this season). So we might go as well for Scott Wilson also from Macc who's scored 23 in 60 games, 10 this season at a rate of one every 188 minutes, and was I think signed by Askey.

I'd also go for Enzio Boldwijn for right midfield who would give us some pace and trickery as well as a few goals (5 league goals this season).

Then, if can really push the boat out I'd go for Kane Hemmings who's scored 105 goals in 255 games, 14 this season at a rate of one every 193 minutes. I doubt he'll fancy playing in non-league so it might be worth an approach. He's got one year left on his contract, so would cost a bob or two.

To put those stats into context, Tom has scored 12 league goals this season, one every 265 minutes.

We've signed top players before under Rudge in the nineties and wouldn't it be good to see those days back at Vale Park? Never say never!

5. Poster thanked by

I'd like to see us target the better players from smaller clubs that are out of contract.

When Smurthwaite clears off, even without any financial boost from Carol, our superior gates should generate more revenue than the likes of Crawley/Stevenage/Cheltenham/Morecambe etc so let's poach their star men.

I wouldnít be surprised if we didnít look at Lee Angol.

Askey signed him for the Shrews, he didnít play after Askey was sacked and was loaned to Lincoln but hasnít really featured

8. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Curtain View Post
    I think people need to calm down a little... Carol (fingers crossed) will bring a sensible approach to running the vale, which is exactly what we need.

Thinking we have any chance of signing Szmodics or Mayor is unrealistic and a little daft!
    Yes we have to build the off field revenue 1st, then hopefully in the future a better class of play on the field, in that order, non of this cra# of speculate to accumulate, let's build from within, keep the faith, keep believing up the Vale

Quote Originally Posted by CambridgeDon View Post
    More than anything else we need to sign some players with goals in them. When you look at our list of goalscorers, it's pretty thin once you've got past Tom:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...le/top-scorers

I'm not sure what to expect in terms of funding if Synectics take over, but good strikers don't come cheap and we can't keep taking chances on non-league players to make up our main strike force, untried in the football league. Our problem is competing financially with other clubs, so I just hope that the Shanahans have got a few savings in their piggy bank.

To strengthen our midfield I'd go for Elliot Durrell from Macc but he's not a goalscorer (just 4 league goals this season). So we might go as well for Scott Wilson also from Macc who's scored 23 in 60 games, 10 this season at a rate of one every 188 minutes, and was I think signed by Askey.

I'd also go for Enzio Boldwijn for right midfield who would give us some pace and trickery as well as a few goals (5 league goals this season).

Then, if can really push the boat out I'd go for Kane Hemmings who's scored 105 goals in 255 games, 14 this season at a rate of one every 193 minutes. I doubt he'll fancy playing in non-league so it might be worth an approach. He's got one year left on his contract, so would cost a bob or two.

To put those stats into context, Tom has scored 12 league goals this season, one every 265 minutes.

We've signed top players before under Rudge in the nineties and wouldn't it be good to see those days back at Vale Park? Never say never!
    Those names would certainly be good signings but out of those only Wilson and Durrell would be realistic,we will pay better wages than we do but I don't believe carol will go silly,you only have to look at the teams now struggling to pay players...its certainly going to get interesting

11. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Budgie_2260 View Post
    I wouldnít be surprised if we didnít look at Lee Angol.

Askey signed him for the Shrews, he didnít play after Askey was sacked and was loaned to Lincoln but hasnít really featured
    Sure I read in The Sentinel that we tried to sign him in January. (possibly on that ridiculous last day of the window after Aspin had gone?)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kalamazoo Kid View Post
    Sure I read in The Sentinel that we tried to sign him in January. (possibly on that ridiculous last day of the window after Aspin had gone?)
    .....in fact, here's the article - https://www-stokesentinel-co-uk.cdn....really-2590302

I can't give you any names for potential signings but we defiantly need a goalscoring midfielder and more pace and height added to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kalamazoo Kid View Post
    We did, along with another one of Askeyís Shrews signings Sam Jones.

Jones turned us down and ended up at Cheltenham I think.

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by valeparklife View Post
    I'd like to see us target the better players from smaller clubs that are out of contract.

When Smurthwaite clears off, even without any financial boost from Carol, our superior gates should generate more revenue than the likes of Crawley/Stevenage/Cheltenham/Morecambe etc so let's poach their star men.
    Haven`t Cheltenham got a wealthy backer?

several mentions for Enzio Boldwijn, but if you look on the Notts forum, hes mentioned as one of the reasons they went down.

18. Advert Advert

Page 2 of 138 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions