Who should we sign? - Page 138
onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin


Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
 
 
 
Loading...
Loading...
 
 
 
 

Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138
Results 1,645 to 1,651 of 1651
  1. #1645
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperHuman View Post
    Personally (from a selfish point a view) I am very worried and underwhelmed with this summers transfer business. I don’t think we have strengthened much at all really. Hoping that our later business will surprise us all.

    Why not just keep Whitfield and use the Lloyd money on signing a better winger?

    We have signed back up players so far, not forgetting that our actual first 11 nearly got relegated last season.
    Thinking along similar lines although hopefully Bennett proves a good acquisition either alongside Pope or if Pope gets injured. There are still good players out there eg Mitch Clarke, so fingers crossed.

  2. Advert Advert


  3. #1646
    Personally think we need:

    Back up keeper
    First team left back
    At least one first team winger.
    Another centre mid to compete / start instead of Joyce.
    A first team forward.

    So for me still at least 5/6 players and the majority being first teamers.

  4. #1647
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by valiant_593 View Post
    Personally think we need:

    Back up keeper
    First team left back
    At least one first team winger.
    Another centre mid to compete / start instead of Joyce.
    A first team forward.

    So for me still at least 5/6 players and the majority being first teamers.
    I agree with your numbers just not positions For me:
    Back up Keeper - Absolutely
    LB - I think we should be OK with Crookes, Lloyd and Monty back-ups.
    RB is a big gap in the squad. Gibbo would be my 1st choice but certainly need cover/competion.
    Another winger for competition with Worrall and Monty
    Striker
    Attacking midfielder who can create. I think this is the biggest gap in our squad.
    I think Joyce is Mr Reliable to play 40+ games barring a serious injury and think its the kind of role Conlon could perform as cover. Manny is the one where we have the risk in my opinion.

  5. #1648
    Quote Originally Posted by MBE View Post
    I agree with your numbers just not positions For me:
    Back up Keeper - Absolutely
    LB - I think we should be OK with Crookes, Lloyd and Monty back-ups.
    RB is a big gap in the squad. Gibbo would be my 1st choice but certainly need cover/competion.
    Another winger for competition with Worrall and Monty
    Striker
    Attacking midfielder who can create. I think this is the biggest gap in our squad.
    I think Joyce is Mr Reliable to play 40+ games barring a serious injury and think its the kind of role Conlon could perform as cover. Manny is the one where we have the risk in my opinion.
    Spot on. I wonder if any of those will be loan players?

  6. #1649
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    Spot on. I wonder if any of those will be loan players?
    Don’t expect a load of new signings and even less if Lloyd signs.
    It’s no use bringing loan players in if Askey isn’t going to play them.
    The loan clubs won’t be happy if they aren’t getting regular football.
    Just hope Sir John has used his contacts to line up a few nuggets.

  7. #1650
    Quote Originally Posted by MBE View Post
    I agree with your numbers just not positions For me:
    Back up Keeper - Absolutely
    LB - I think we should be OK with Crookes, Lloyd and Monty back-ups.
    RB is a big gap in the squad. Gibbo would be my 1st choice but certainly need cover/competion.
    Another winger for competition with Worrall and Monty
    Striker
    Attacking midfielder who can create. I think this is the biggest gap in our squad.
    I think Joyce is Mr Reliable to play 40+ games barring a serious injury and think its the kind of role Conlon could perform as cover. Manny is the one where we have the risk in my opinion.
    Don’t really rate Joyce. I know he was good under askey but I saw more than enough under aspin that makes me worried. I personally hope crookes is the cover and we sign a left back as montano can’t play there. Clark would be a good signing so we have cover both sides.

  8. #1651
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Trentham
    Posts
    4,623
    I like Joyce when he's on the ball as he keeps it moving and intelligently finds space in front of the back four.
    Where he isn't as good as a Grant/Griffith is when he hasn't got the ball and has to win headers and tackles to get it back. He isn't as physical, and that's why Kay played a few games. So I'm not sure if the balance of the midfield is right. But who knows who will start off in August?

  9. Advert Advert



This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified


This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk


OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.


We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy


Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions