Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 50 of 138 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgie_2260 View Post
    Zzzzzzz
    #relentless
    why all the negativity on this forum. before last season Oyeleke would’ve been classed as a non league chancer and unproven etc and look how he turned out to? you can see a difference when he’s not in the side. we as fans need to stop with all this negativity, there’s no excuse for it anymore. Smurf has gone so now the fans attitudes need to change and start backing what’s going on at the vale otherwise smurf may aswell just stayed and you lot can carry on moaning and Carol and Kevin could’ve saved a few quid in the process. if you look around the leagues there are clubs in far worse positions than us. we as fans need to trust the process and back our manager and players. positive vibes around the ground and the club can only be good for the staff and players and bring a much better atmosphere to play in for the players aswell

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert Advert

Quote Originally Posted by ollyandpatch View Post
    I like the guy we are signing and I am far from a happy clapper. Could be announced as early as Tuesday.
    Any clues???
    Do you rate him ?
    Is he a step up from what we have had?

5. Poster thanked by

I like the guy we are signing and I am far from a happy clapper. Could be announced as early as Tuesday.
    What position?

Striker he has said

Does he have a decent goal scoring record? if UV thinks fans will like him then it wont be ainsworth,as I for one wouldn't go over the top with him

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob_123 View Post
    Mikey is one of these that expects us to go and get players like Danny Mayor so any realistic player is disappointing to him.
    do you know me? ...no I didn't think so, so don't make up things.

I don't expect us to go out and pay top money for big names. Id rather we went to the league below and got some young talent that we can improve and sell on at the right time. Tranmere did it with Norwood, and FGR did it with Doidge. I would like to think that we could unearth a gem from somewhere as we did with Oyeleke, but I know its not that easy.

However players like Ainsworth are on the way out and not what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.hobblesworth View Post
    At last! I can start moaning again. I never intended buying a season ticket or attending any games and now I have my ready made excuse. Please will someone have sex with me?
    Best laugh I've had in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Curtain View Post
    Who says he is Hannants replacement?

Far more likely:

Calverly out - played half of one game
    Tongue out - didn’t play

Burgess in - won’t play much

Squad size reduced
    One squad players wages saved (and tongue was on a decent wedge I imagine) to add to hannants wage to tempt a quality player who will actually be hannants replacement.

I don’t see how that’s so hard to comprehend.
    Tonge wasn't on that big of a wage. Nice logic, though if we sign Ryan Lloyd as well then how does that sign into reducing the body count? Harry Benns and Luke Hannant were the other two midfielders to leave so presumably Askey rates one of Burgess of Lloyd as on a par to Hannant.

Oh and he also offered a pro deal to Lucas Green-Birch, so that would be Burgess, Lloyd and Green-Birch in, Calveley, Tonge, Benns and Hannant out. I guess there is room for another midfield addition of we are classing the departed Kay as a midfielder rather than a defender.

Green-Birch out on loan?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.hobblesworth View Post
    I ran this through Google Translate (language detected: moaning bell) and the result was
    To be honest I really wouldn’t fancy sex with you.
    As I have had a season ticket for well over the last 10 years I won’t break the habit of a lifetime just to please the happy clappers.
    Just don’t want to watch the rubbish served up for the last 3 years.
    Can’t see the point in signing players just to loan them out again.
    Last edited by Erniemossrules; 25-05-19 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erniemossrules View Post
    To be honest I really wouldn’t fancy sex with you.
    You wouldn't say that if you met me.

I'm always hopeful that with new owners you'll always get one marquee signing but it really doesn't look like the money is going to be there. But nothing will put numbers on a gate come Saturday afternoon that a genuinely positive signing or two that have helped to raise people's expectations. So far we're signing and linked with the likes of Burgess, Lloyd and Crookes, and it all seems a little underwhelming...

16. Advert Advert

Page 50 of 138 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions