onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team
    Hope Notts County bounce back next season.
    *Every new day is a new beginning with new horizons (Barry Edge)
    *Supporting Port Vale, for real supporters, is something that's in your blood. You can't turn it off like a tap (Paul Machin)

2. Advert Advert

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Some good away days next year, the only slight downer is Plymouth, it’s a long trip the coach driver yesterday was saying it would need 2 drivers, so that bumps the coach fare up.
    Just watch it be a Tuesday night as well.
    Know quite a few Plymouth fans down here. Phone was lighting up after they got relegated, they are looking forward to playing the Vale.
    Sacking their manager with 1 game to go wasn’t much use!

Quote Originally Posted by For Us All View Post
    Walsall won't know how to play in League Two after spending 75 of their 99 EFL seasons in the third tier.
    We onna doing too brilliant either fella. Hopefully that will change next season with a smaller squad of better quality.🤞

What a good title, it is Division 4. As I’ve stated in previous thread I do have an affinity for PAFC, would be good to get them away when the weather is nice, for an enjoyable weekend away.
    Renewing our rivalry with The Saddlers another Derby game from years ago when we’d never have dreamed of playing those in the southern part of our city.
    So I’d expect to hear the chant,
    ‘We, hate Walsall, more than S***e’.

Administrator Admin team
    Ah! Walsall...

My very 1st PVFC game was against Walsall in the Staffs Senior Cup at the Hanley Recreation Ground, circa 1949. We won 1-0 and our new goalkeeper was Ray King, and I was just 6 years old.

Those were the days my friends
    Last edited by Aussie Rules; 05-05-19 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Spellcheck
    *Every new day is a new beginning with new horizons (Barry Edge)
    *Supporting Port Vale, for real supporters, is something that's in your blood. You can't turn it off like a tap (Paul Machin)

Quote Originally Posted by arthurdog View Post
    For us Oldies they are the real enemy. So glad they went down. BTw Notts County fans still blaming us this afternoon?
    If we had beat Macc Town guess what? Port Vale Notts Co and Macc Town would all have finished in exactly the same position in the league. Notts Co are where they are because of the results over a season

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Rules View Post
    Ah! Walsall...

My very 1st PVFC game was against Walsall in the Staffs Senior Cup at the Hanley Recreation Ground, circa 1949. We won 1-0 and our new goalkeeper was Ray King, and I was just 6 years old.

Indeed, Walsall was my first away game in 1950 3rd South, guess what we lost 2-0 (As an aside, 5 of the 3S teams of 50/51 will play in the Prem next season) I was probably there too, Rays brother George may have played also.

9. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by ollyandpatch View Post
    Yes we had already welcomed them in. If Salford beat Eastleigh we will also welcome a trip to Manchester or the Blackpool Coast.
    It could also be Eastleigh for those valiants, like me, with southern connections. The missus is from Sussex, so a quick family visit and it's an hour along the coast. Be a nice weekend if it's in the summer

11. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Rules View Post
    Ah! Walsall...

Cor, crikey - Walsall! I remember one cold Boxing Day standing in the Bycars watching the Vale go one up with a Sammy Gordon goal and then Walsall go down to ten men. It didn't last long, they won 1-2 with a couple of fantastic goals by John Woodward. I think we signed him the next season and he was a good player for us but I always remember thinking, will we EVER beat these so and so's!

13. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by CambridgeDon View Post
    Cor, crikey - Walsall! I remember one cold Boxing Day standing in the Bycars watching the Vale go one up with a Sammy Gordon goal and then Walsall go down to ten men. It didn't last long, they won 1-2 with a couple of fantastic goals by John Woodward. I think we signed him the next season and he was a good player for us but I always remember thinking, will we EVER beat these so and so's!
    I should blame autocorrect for getting Sammy Morgan's name wrong.

15. Poster thanked by

Chris Neal just saved a penalty against Eastleigh to put Salford through

Fylde or Salford away next season and I bet both will be knocking on for the play offs if promoted

Moneybags Bradford have got a decent manager and will be one of the favourites. Scunny have a few quid too.

I dunna know what the BBC site is playing at! It said that Eastleigh won but the report underneath says Salford.
    I'll take your word for it and take it that it is indeed Salford.
    Last edited by TheSage; 05-05-19 at 06:23 PM.

18. Advert Advert

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions