onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    It's time to reengage some stakeholders (I chose those words just for you Smithie). Big sponsors, smaller sponsors, box holders, lapsed season ticket holders, disgruntled fans, whatever.

Get some decent commercial deals signed, some nice merch, a competent kit supplier.

Set a competitive budget and sign some players who aren't total dossers.
    All good, sensible and to most people obvious ideas.

I'll brainstorm with my fellow service-users for more customer-focused initiatives.

2. Advert Advert

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Set a competitive budget and sign some players who aren't total dossers.

Dalendless dossers.

4. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
    Surely it is the people that did variants of 1, 2, and 3 with the current incumbent who have led us to this opportunity with Synectics, if we remove your hyperbole?

Seems a strangely veiled dig at protesters/people unhappy with a club that has largely been very poor for nearly 2 decades. Who are you directing 'usual suspects' at?
    I think you've misinterpreted the tone of my comments. It wasn't intended at all to denigrate the protestors at NS's rule, more to example the fickleness and demands for instant magical success that seems to be the mantra of 'the usual suspects' on here. They know who they are, as do most on here. They're the ones who ony pop their heads up when we have a poor result/performance, and/or hijack threads with a constant bombardment of negativity.

6. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko51 View Post
    I think Colin Garlick will stay - new owners will need someone on the inside who knows the club. Other staff will, I'm sure, have to prove themselves if the takeover goes through.

Looks like John Askey wants to stay and I would be happy for him to be given more time.

A budget similar to this season spent on a dozen less players would be sensible.

Will there be time to do anything about season tickets? I suspect there will be some upfront costs if the takeover goes through, particularly around the stadium, so it might be unreasonable at this point to expect a reduction in prices.
    I canít re ally see how Colin Garlick can be allowed to stay.
    He has been in a senior role while Smurthwaite has been allowed to run the club into the ground.
    Garlick and Fradley gave Baldrick Brown an extension to his contract and he has overseen the signing of absolute dross players and negotiated their ridiculous contracts.
    We need a clean break from the Smurthwaite regime and I donít believe he can claim to be just following orders.

8. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Erniemossrules View Post
    I can’t re ally see how Colin Garlick can be allowed to stay.
    He has been in a senior role while Smurthwaite has been allowed to run the club into the ground.
    Garlick and Fradley gave Baldrick Brown an extension to his contract and he has overseen the signing of absolute dross players and negotiated their ridiculous contracts.
    We need a clean break from the Smurthwaite regime and I don’t believe he can claim to be just following orders.
    Not sure how you know all of that.

10. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko51 View Post
    Not sure how you know all of that.
    Didn’t Norman leave the football side to Garlick and Fradley who gave Baldrick Brown a new contract then have to return to sack him.
    Smurthwaite did say if Brown went Garlick would be going with him but still kept him in place.
    I can’t see any improvements in the club since Garlick came just deterioration.
    He must carry the can for the pathetic running of the commercial side and didn’t we have more loan signings than we could accommodate in the squad on a couple of occasions.
    Suppose he was just following orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Erniemossrules View Post
    Didnít Norman leave the football side to Garlick and Fradley who gave Baldrick Brown a new contract then have to return to sack him.
    Smurthwaite did say if Brown went Garlick would be going with him but still kept him in place.
    I canít see any improvements in the club since Garlick came just deterioration.
    He must carry the can for the pathetic running of the commercial side and didnít we have more loan signings than we could accommodate in the squad on a couple of occasions.
    Suppose he was just following orders.
    Itís hard to judge him bad or good while heís been working for Smurthwaite. Probably deserves a chance to work for decent owners.

Agree with everything said bar those of EMR. I'd say there are several really quick hits. Marketing, Season Tickets, Advertising Boards, Fan engagement, Bogs, Snapping, Transparency to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by philmpv View Post
    I think you've misinterpreted the tone of my comments. It wasn't intended at all to denigrate the protestors at NS's rule, more to example the fickleness and demands for instant magical success that seems to be the mantra of 'the usual suspects' on here. They know who they are, as do most on here. They're the ones who ony pop their heads up when we have a poor result/performance, and/or hijack threads with a constant bombardment of negativity.
    Ah, OK. Understood.

I would question the sanity of anyone who looks at the squad, the stadium, the atmosphere, the off the field shambles, and doesn't realise there is a good 5 years of sorting out until we can reverse the mess that Norman's created.

I don't see us back in mid-table League 1 for that amount of time. We're in for a long run.

askey has stated that hes not going anywhere you can tell he loves the club and wants to do a good job for the club. i'm hoping stay away fans return when the take over goes through to show the new owners they have our full support

16. Poster thanked by

Just for starters -
    Short term:
    Askey signed up - heís earned it.
    Seats in Lorne Street Hamil side - at least itíll look finished.
    Season ticket offers - reduce Bycars prices to get a few more in behind the goal.
    My seat to have a full refurb.
    Giant effigy of Sexman to be hung on one of Railways Stand flag poles - to be set alight before every home game as an offering to the gods. Copyright J. Kent

Medium/Long term:
    Safe standing installed in at least one stand or area - unfinished Lorne Street or see below.
    Railway Stand redeveloped - flattened and rebuilt 10 yards nearer the pitch, with as steep a rake as possible, ideally some safe standing incorporated and with a lower capacity. - then we could quash all this nonsense about moving because ďthe grounds too big, too spread out, too etc etc.Ē
    Money spending on a new playing surface - the current pitch has more humps and bumps than the surface of the moon.

18. Poster thanked by

When we knew that SS had submitted a take over bid everything seemed fine. Following this we managed to safeguard our position in the football league, even better. The only downside in the last month was the performance against Macclesfield. The manager has hinted that a lot of players arenít up to the job and will not be playing again for PVFC. Arenít these the three most important things that as fans weíve wanted to happen.
    I donít believe that the managers status can change whilst a takeover bid Is in progress.
    Be patient we start again in August and things cannot be as bad as they have been for the last three seasons.
    So letís stop bickering, being negative and letís get positive behind the team and everyone else associated with the club. We wanted major changes and itís likely that weíll get our wish.

20. Advert Advert

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions