Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Curtain View Post
    REP, Howjy, Regal Begal

As SDL members do you have an official statement or rebuttal of these articles.

Iím genuinely interested in your views?
    It's not like you to pluck something out of thin air, but I want him gone.

Not sure if that means I'll be booted out of the SDL, I'll have to see at the next meeting.

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert Advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Right,thanks for that, so IF he is up to no good (Allegedly), no one will be any the wiser.
    Even if they are audited I believe that they only do random samples, so it wouldn't be beyond all reasonable doubt for auditors to miss something I would think? I'm not an expert though.

The vale accounts are definitely not audited though as mentioned above. "Unaudited financial statements"

5. Poster thanked by

Fantastic, well researched and thorough work continuing to be done by B&G. It certainly should go out to ALL Vale fans who have any affinity for the Club. Surely we have to open the eyes of the few remaining Smurfettes? I'm no legal expert but not wishing to put a damper on this, will it give Gorm nightmares or reasons to run now, or does he know the info released is there for all to see and he's bulletproof since there "appears" to be actually nowt illegal committed, only dodgy, underhand, devious dealings? Is he brazen enough to know that with this info published, he can't be touched, just further hated and accepted as the executioner of our great Club?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Curtain View Post
    REP, Howjy, Regal Begal

As SDL members do you have an official statement or rebuttal of these articles.

Iím genuinely interested in your views?
    You will have to ask Family Stand Terrier, he is the SDL! 😉

To be honest itís all content we know, there doesnít appear to be anything ground breaking unless Iíve missed something? My biggest gripe with the owner has long since been his appalling choice of 5 inexperienced managers as highlighted many, many times.

Iím interested to find out if comments attributed to him on Tuesday night are indeed true and if they are as to whether they were said out of frustration to people badgering him and annoying him or whether he meant them, this needs clear and immediate clarification.

There's a lot of mystery surrounding Smurthwaite, not only the story with the Port Vale accounts but he claims to be worth 130m quid. If so how did he make this money, is there any record of him ever being an owner of a significant, large profitable business or having sold such a business to accumulate such wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul6754 View Post
    There's a lot of mystery surrounding Smurthwaite, not only the story with the Port Vale accounts but he claims to be worth 130m quid. If so how did he make this money, is there any record of him ever being an owner of a significant, large profitable business or having sold such a business to accumulate such wealth.
    No proof anywhere.
    130 million quid? More like 130 quid.
    The mans fronting it for somebody.

Administrator Admin team
    In a shed just behind OVF towers waiting for my ration book
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Earle's Perm View Post
    You will have to ask Family Stand Terrier, he is the SDL! 😉

To be honest itís all content we know, there doesnít appear to be anything ground breaking unless Iíve missed something? My biggest gripe with the owner has long since been his appalling choice of 5 inexperienced managers as highlighted many, many times.

Iím interested to find out if comments attributed to him on Tuesday night are indeed true and if they are as to whether they were said out of frustration to people badgering him and annoying him or whether he meant them, this needs clear and immediate clarification.
    We may have all the information but I haven't seen it in one place before, compiled and presented in such a coherent and understandable manner. It has a bigger impact than snippets scattered across a forum.
    If he said it, whatever it was, he said it..... whether it was frustration, he meant it or not, he was annoyed is immaterial... if he can't control what comes out of his mouth he shouldn't open it.... verbally or on social media.
    I think one of the things he has got wrong is that although he owns the property legally, emotionally he owns nothing. The heart and soul of PVFC is the supporters, they are the people invested with it's spirit.... without them he has very little, other than title to the property.
    Port Vale could leave Vale Park and Burslem, perhaps even should, at any time, which would leave him with what he owns legally but no cash flow. A chunk of brown landfill with very poor access, no attraction for events and a restriction on it's use. Thousands of plastic sheats, 20 odd players under contract, some would say valueless, loads of scrap and crap plus staff and tons of concrete... and a debt of millions, he says.

11. Poster thanked by

Administrator Admin team
    In a shed just behind OVF towers waiting for my ration book
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul6754 View Post
    That seems a lot more than his original estimate of his worth.
    Has he had director loans to account for the increase?
    Is that cash at the bank or a self driven portfolio estimate?

Administrator Admin team
    Bede and Co,

Just on my break from chief cook and bottle washing duties and the first thing I spot is the B&G articles re. Mr Smurthwaite.

Until now OVF posters have been searching for the best solution to take it up the Norman but somehow have been unable to establish a single leadership role.

It's getting weary fighting in 'the trenches' again so soon after V2001, but now, along with the Valiant faithful, I believe we have a sense of purpose and true hope under B&G leadership.
    *Every new day is a new beginning with new horizons (Barry Edge)
    *Supporting Port Vale, for real supporters, is something that's in your blood. You can't turn it off like a tap (Paul Machin)

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    I guess the fit n proper test is only good for the day it's issued, I dont think for a minute the efl carry out spot checks on owners/directors on a regular basis or Blackpool wouldn't have struggled for so long......Mores the pity.
    It raises the question of who the 'fit and proper' checks were carried out on? My guess is Paul Wildes. So Smurthwaite used him to slither into the Club like the big slug that he is!

15. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Imo we ought to do what Charlton did with the ground, making it a community asset. That would make it virtually impossible to have the land left for him to sell for housing, thus stripping him of possibly one of his main reasons for staying.
    We need to start playing dirty, no more pussy footing around.
    Would be good if it could be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Rules View Post

Until now OVF posters have been searching for the best solution to take it up the Norman
    Does this woman at the club take it up the Norman?

18. Poster thanked by

19. Advert Advert

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions