onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
    It looks like all our hopes rest on the inconsistent Whitfield and the hot headed Miller.

Someone has to step up to the plate and score a few goals or we're doomed.
    We need 5 wins [ 15 points ]
    5 one nil wins is all we can hope for

We need 5 clean sheets minimum
    any extra clean sheets will give us an odd point or two

We need 5 goals
    It has to be - Pope x 3 [ 2 pens ]
    Hannant x 1 [ free kick ]
    Own goal x 1

Brown has to remain on top form
    Hopefully Howkins, when fit and Crookes will help us achieve this.

The above is why Aspin played with 7 defenders
    This is why Askey will have to be very brave to change our style
    Can the current players we have attack more, score more goals
    AND still protect a poor defence
    Our squad, although some better players than previous years, is a terrible squad and possibly the worst balanced squad in the last 3 years

I don't think this squad can attack and score goals but maybe we have to chance it and see. All else seems to fail again and again

By the way we need 3 of those five wins in the next six games or so.

and yes I blame Smurf above anyone else for our demise over the last 3 years and current position.
    Hope and pray we stay up but then what about next year ???

That's how desperate it is and how I see it

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert Advert

It does sound quite desperate when you put it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyford_Lion View Post
    We need 5 wins [ 15 points ]
    5 one nil wins is all we can hope for

We need 5 clean sheets minimum
    any extra clean sheets will give us an odd point or two

We need 5 goals
    It has to be - Pope x 3 [ 2 pens ]
    Hannant x 1 [ free kick ]
    Own goal x 1

Brown has to remain on top form
    Hopefully Howkins, when fit and Crookes will help us achieve this.

The above is why Aspin played with 7 defenders
    This is why Askey will have to be very brave to change our style
    Can the current players we have attack more, score more goals
    AND still protect a poor defence
    Our squad, although some better players than previous years, is a terrible squad and possibly the worst balanced squad in the last 3 years

I don't think this squad can attack and score goals but maybe we have to chance it and see. All else seems to fail again and again

By the way we need 3 of those five wins in the next six games or so.

and yes I blame Smurf above anyone else for our demise over the last 3 years and current position.
    Hope and pray we stay up but then what about next year ???

That's how desperate it is and how I see it
    Could not agree with you more. Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
    It looks like all our hopes rest on the inconsistent Whitfield and the hot headed Miller.

Someone has to step up to the plate and score a few goals or we're doomed.
    Would not Whitfield, certainly in part, be inconsistent because Neil, and the way he played him, kept swapping him then not playing him at all and in doing so destroyed the boy's confidence?
    As for Miller being hot headed and I agree, he certainly plays on the edge, but I rate him, and I still think he has it in him to score goals regularly.........however what the two have in common, and that equally applies to Pope,Harris and even Elliot, is they get so few chances to score.
    Yes, before people remind me, I know Whits missed a right one on one sitter a few months ago, and Pope a dolly tap in that my Mum may have scored from Saturday, but whoever plays up front is rushing around feeding off scraps, so I would in contrast suggest, regardless of who plays, we are resting our hopes more on suddenly creating some good chances than taking them. A problem that has been with us since the start of the season.

To do that though, and here's the worry, Askey would either have to change the personnel as clearly the current team are creating next to nothing, or by design, press much higher up the pitch and in doing so commit a lot more energy and bodies going forward...the question surely is will he?

Add up the football league games played from our side yesterday and then the same for the very young donny side. The result flattered us. I was underwhelmed by the application of the side and the quality was poor. My first game in 7 years due to living abroad and the changes are huge and not for the better. Sorry for the negativity ladies and gents but it’s just my opinion

8. Advert Advert

Advert
Advert
This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated