Monty

Turner
    Whitfield

Blight
    Benns
    Green-birch
    Jackson
    Elliott
    Last edited by PV1973; 12-02-19 at 02:06 PM.

2. Advert Advert

Does anyone know when Whitfield became a striker?

Quote Originally Posted by Samwelo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone know when Whitfield became a striker?
    Hed have been far better as the attacking option in a midfield 3 in a 3-5-2. I suppose its to cram in the three natural central midfielders.

1-0 Whitfield

1-0 half time.

Whelan off at half time, either hes done well and they are saving him for the weekend or very badly.

Finished 1-0.

I find it odd that they went 3-5-2, I thought they might have used the reserves to try to get used to playing with wingers 4-3-3/4-4-2. I suppose they've looked at the squad and thought, well we've got an abundance of centre halves and not much else so I guess that's all we can do until the summer.

Thanks Neil. Nice one.

We didn't make many chances and neither Turner or Elliot looked like pushing for a first team spot anytime soon.

**** according to Sentinel with only Conlon and Hornsby impressing. Thinks Askey will go poss same side Sat

Apologies for the copy and paste post, just at work

It was close to being awful. A few didn't look interested, others tried but weren't good enough. Only Conlon and Hornby came out of it with much credit, although Whitfield took his goal very well.

When you've watched the first team and reserves, you realise how little quality we have in the ranks.

However Legge and Howkins must be in the team from now on, and I'd still have Woreall and Conlon in there nearly always.

Quite agree, Smithie. Obviously. I don't know if you went today, but if you did, you would have seen a most lethargic display from Legge that did him no favours at all. Howkins was slightly better but still looks short of match fitness. Worth a chance though. Worrall at least looked interested but as usual there was no end product. Conlan worked hard and must be in with a chance of a start on Saturday but as often happens with him, he faded in the second half.

14. Advert Advert

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advert
Advert
This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated. This website is operated by a company - OVF Ltd