Reserves v Doncaster 1pm today - Page 2
onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quite agree, Smithie. Obviously. I don't know if you went today, but if you did, you would have seen a most lethargic display from Legge that did him no favours at all. Howkins was slightly better but still looks short of match fitness. Worth a chance though. Worrall at least looked interested but as usual there was no end product. Conlan worked hard and must be in with a chance of a start on Saturday but as often happens with him, he faded in the second half.

2. Advert Advert

I was there.

And do you agree?

Didnít go but a mate did and he commented on how bad Legge was. He agreed with others that Conlon and Hornby were the standouts.

Legge's one of these players who only plays properly when he has to. I don't agree with it, but it's why he looked so awful in pre season, why he looks so bad in the reserves but put in his best performance of the season at Crewe in what some (not me) would describe as a Derby.

You could clearly see which players had a chance of playing in the first team today, Whelan and Edser are a way off yet, as is Elliot.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerspaws View Post
    And do you agree?
    Yes, I'd agree but it is of course hard to form valid assessments from reserve games where there's reduced contact and real challenges.

Agree on Legge and I think these games are more important for the younger players. The Legges and Pughs have nothing to prove in these games IMO.

Without being there I think Whelan coming off at half time says that maybe he had a bad half, I donít believe he was being saved for saturdays game.

Whelan looked exactly what he is, a young inexperienced player.

When you look at some of the loans weíve had whoíve struggled to make an impact it hits home how these days players just arenít ready to make the jump. In that regard our own homegrown youngsters are very underrated. Doesnít seem so long ago that teams would regularly be having youth players making their debuts at 16, reality is that was what football was like probably over 30 years ago now.

Itís even worse for the lads at big clubs who are stockpiling players til their early 20s and theyíre getting little experience of menís football.

It looks like all our hopes rest on the inconsistent Whitfield and the hot headed Miller.

Someone has to step up to the plate and score a few goals or we're doomed.

13. Advert Advert

Advert
Advert
This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated