RIP Gordon Banks - Page 2
onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Probably the only Sjoke player who I respected. RIP old fella.

2. Advert Advert

Very sad news. One of football's gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Top bloke. Don't know why he never received a knighthood.
    Posthumously maybe?

RIP Gordon.

Sad news - a fabulous player and a very decent guy

Wonderful goalkeeper and a nice fella to boot.

He really was the best 'keeper I've ever seen. His positional sense was staggeringly good and like all the great players he made it seem all too easy. Calm. Assured. Only occasionally spectacular. One of England's very great players.

Thanks for the memories Gordon and for 1966.

The greatest GK I ever saw. An icon throughout the football world. A family man who was loyal, modest, self effacing, generous, fair, honest, focussed, successful and above all else nice, the nicest of men. Men of his calibre are rare jewels. As a schoolboy whenever Gordon Banks was playing for England I felt safe, and happy that we would win. More often than not, we did. It is always a sign of our mortality when those who the gods blessed, the heroes of our childhood, pass away. Gordon Banks, a life well lived, a memory to be treasured, a man of integrity.

8. Poster thanked by

Lovely tribute Essex, spot on. One of the few who seemed completely unaffected by the fame the game brought him - a lovely guy. Rest in glory Gordon, always a hero.

That save against Pele.

Ruffled my hair as a youngster when he opened one of Stallington hospitals carnivals , first time I was star struck , don't know if the hand on my head was the same one that turned Peles header over , but ill say it was !! RIP

Quote Originally Posted by valeblue View Post
    Ruffled my hair as a youngster when he opened one of Stallington hospitals carnivals , first time I was star struck , don't know if the hand on my head was the same one that turned Peles header over , but ill say it was !! RIP
    You had hair ?

RIP , seemed a genuinely nice bloke as well as being one of the greatest if not the greatest keeper ever.
    Every single member of the 66 squad should of been knighted it's a travesty he wasn't.

13. Poster thanked by

Sad news indeed. All of the tributes that have been paid to him seem very genuine rather than the usual platitudes you hear after some "celebrity" deaths.

15. Advert Advert

Advert
Advert
This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated