onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrex View Post
    If we win and Macc draw we are 7 points away from the drop.
    If we draw and Macc win we are only 3 points above the drop.
    Hoping for a draw then?

2. Advert Advert

Quote Originally Posted by Realism View Post
    Came on for the reserves and scored

Quite poor today for the reserves won’t be anywhere near the team Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Erniemossrules View Post
    Hoping for a draw then?
    Who for?

Quote Originally Posted by valiant steve View Post
    I hope Askey plays 4 3 3 and includes some pace up front either side of Popey and some mobility in the centre. Please not Kay AND Joyce in the same team!
    I'd go something like:
    Brown
    Gibbo Smith Legge Clarke
    Worrall Kay Man U loanee
    Turner Pope Montano

As ever, we have a very big squad so let's hope Askey can find a mix of players that can play his preferred system and style. Only Brown and Pope deserve to be certain starters for me this season.
    I'd like to see him go 4-3-3 if that's what he's known for. Why play another mans team if it doesn't suit your coaching? I know we have a billion wingers and only a few wingers but we have enough to make it work (just about).

From your team I wouldn't pick Clark because I feel like hes in poor form and I really don't think he's suited to the left. He's right footed and it just seems like square pegs, making us unbalanced. The we don't know anything of Whelan to suggest he's any good, and whilst Turner has scored a few for the reserves he's worthy of a place on bench only for the time being.

My team would be:

4-3-3: Brown; Gibbons, Legge, Howkins, Crookes; Hannant, Kay, Conlon; Whitfield, Pope, Montano

Bench: Hornby, Clarke, Smith, Joyce, Worrall, Harris, Turner/Elliott

I feel Legge has been harshly dropped after one bad game. Him and Howkins would be colossal at the back. I know reports didn't suggest he did too well in the reserve match but we know a) from pre-season that he's much better in competitive games, and b) what he can do already. Crookes adds much better balance to the left and I've been very impressed with him. Hannant for me isn't a winger, he should be a box-to-box midfielder, picking the ball up and carrying it 10 yards further up the pitch (i.e. Sam Foley, Doug Loft).

*If Oyeleke was fit I'd put him in.

6. Advert Advert

Advert
Advert
This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated