If you're looking for a short anecdote to read...
onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Administrator Admin team

If you're looking for a short anecdote to read...

...here's one about 2 nocturnal runners - one chasing the other

Click here
    *Every new day is a new beginning with new horizons (Barry Edge)
    *Supporting Port Vale, for real supporters, is something that's in your blood. You can't turn it off like a tap (Paul Machin)

2. Advert Advert

AR, that a funny one, imagine you were surprised.

One funny story from my sporting days.

We were playing a team from a mining area in Derbyshire and batting 2nd in a forty overs game, the opening partnership had put on a decent score but one got out. I usually opened or batted No 3 so I walked out to the middle took guard and noticed the sun was low on the offside so I could hardly see the fielders.

I was the type of batsmen who made Geoff Boycott look very rapid, I hated giving my wicket away so my tactics for the first few balls were usually to defend unless I got one on my pads that I could tickle down to fine leg and jog up the other end, nothing too strenuous or exciting but off the mark.

This particular day I must have been confident 'cause I took my middle and leg guard and in came the seamer, he bowled a full toss just outside off stick, I moved onto the front foot and just leaned into the ball, it sped right our of the middle of my Gray Nicholls super short, I'd never timed or hit a cricket ball so sweet.

I stood there posing looking for the ball between cover and point but the sun was so low I couldn't see where the ball had gone or see the fielders, instead of hearing "Shot" or something similar I heard "Mate your out, f*ck off". I glanced left at the umpire and instead of signalling 4 his finger was up, I had to walk. I got so much ribbing from the lads it wasn't true, but a red inker, particularly from playing an attacking shot so early , just wasn't usually in my wheelhouse.

4. Poster thanked by

5. Advert Advert

Official Port Vale ticket shop
This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated