onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
    Unless you're conflating "man" with our primate ancestors, man hasn't existed anywhere near 'millions of years'.
    So no apology for your poor judgement.

Whether it be man or our evolutionary ancestors doesn't matter.

If you could provide some of the titles of journals/authors of these articles from the CAS I would be appreciative.
    I'm sure you would but you can do exactly the same as I and that's pay for a Subscription etc to the Chemical Abstracts Service and then do the search, read the abstracts and decide which of the original articles you wish to read, then download the articles from the internet, some of them you will have to pay for some of them may be free.

Since you've developed an interest I'll paste a link for your convenience, but I'll warn you it is run by the American Chemical Society, the great Satan of the world in your eyes. Without CAS the world of science today would hardly, if at all, be able to function, it is a magnificent resource.

https://www.cas.org/about

I am retired so don't have access to CAS anymore.

Is there something that makes the CAS more trustworthy than other other climate change scientists, or do you just like them as they share your opinion?
    Hagrid, Please you're making yourself look stupid now on a number of fronts, give over.

2. Advert Advert

Quote Originally Posted by Paul6754 View Post
    So no apology for your poor judgement.

Whether it be man or our evolutionary ancestors doesn't matter.

I'm sure you would but you can do exactly the same as I and that's pay for a Subscription etc to the Chemical Abstracts Service and then do the search, read the abstracts and decide which of the original articles you wish to read, then download the articles from the internet, some of them you will have to pay for some of them may be free.

Since you've developed an interest I'll paste a link for your convenience, but I'll warn you it is run by the American Chemical Society, the great Satan of the world in your eyes. Without CAS the world of science today would hardly, if at all, be able to function, it is a magnificent resource.

https://www.cas.org/about

I am retired so don't have access to CAS anymore.

Hagrid, Please you're making yourself look stupid now on a number of fronts, give over.
    What am I apologising for? That you didn't know that humans have existed for a few hundred thousand years?

I've asked for some names of scientists/article titles. You clearly know far more than me, so I was hoping for a starting place. I have access to academic databases. I was willing to give some of them a read. Instead I receive some sanctimonious comments and zero names/titles.

Literally got no opinion on CAS.

I'll ask again; why is the work published by CAS (by scientists) more reliable than work published in other academic journals (also by scientists), which explicitly and unequivocally states that humans are impacting the climate in a negative way?

Please; give me some names of scientists, journals, articles so I can have a read.

Facts
    - Post industrial revolution the human race are pumping a shed load of CO2 into the atmosphere
    - The amount of CO2 in the atmosphere has gone up, unsurprsingly
    - This is a bad plan.

Starting point for any discussion.

What am I apologising for? That you didn't know that humans have existed for a few hundred thousand years?
    Poor judgement.

Humans and their ancestors have been around for millions of years.

I've asked for some names of scientists/article titles. You clearly know far more than me, so I was hoping for a starting place. I have access to academic databases. I was willing to give some of them a read. Instead I receive some sanctimonious comments and zero names/titles.
    Do a search on the internet, you will find abstacts, probably some original papers, videos of Scientists pro and con Man Made Global Warming, videos of Nobel Laureates giving presentations at Climate Change Conferences, the whole 10 yards.

Try Michael Mann, Judith Curry, Patrick Moore (Former founder of Greenpeace), People at NASA, NOOA etc.

Literally got no opinion on CAS.
    Then why give one.

I'll ask again; why is the work published by CAS (by scientists) more reliable than work published in other academic journals (also by scientists), which explicitly and unequivocally states that humans are impacting the climate in a negative way?
    Hagrid, CAS is just an abstracting service, it employs scientists around the world to read original articles then write a summary of the paper called an "Abstract", CAS then collects all the abstracts and they are then published/available in hard copy or electronically. CAS does not publish original scientific work, it will contain abstracts pro and con-man made global warming.

Please; give me some names of scientists, journals, articles so I can have a read.
    You are best to start with Youtube videos of the likes of Michael Mann, Judith Curry, Patrick Moore and many more, I've posted a video with all 3 of them making the case both pro and con man made global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by toyahw View Post
    Facts
    - Post industrial revolution the human race are pumping a shed load of CO2 into the atmosphere
    - The amount of CO2 in the atmosphere has gone up, unsurprsingly
    - This is a bad plan.

Starting point for any discussion.
    Why don't you answer the question I posed to you, it's a much better starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul6754 View Post
    Why don't you answer the question I posed to you, it's a much better starting point.
    Sure which one was that?

All very interesting. What is the connection to Port Vale?

Quote Originally Posted by Essex Vale View Post
    All very interesting. What is the connection to Port Vale?
    None, except for the boggy pitch maybe. And that is why it is off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by toyahw View Post
    Sure which one was that?
    Read back a few pages, posed it twice.

Administrator Admin team
    In a shed just behind OVF towers waiting for my ration book
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant62 View Post
    No problems with the “rant”. 97% of the scientists have an agenda though? Seems an odd conspiracy theory. I suppose I’m also interested why you’re so angry. “The mob” were not violent and supported by loads of different spiritual leaders etc.
    You lost my interest at "spiritual leaders"
    In my opinion..... the climate will change no matter what people do or don't do, as it always has. The question is how we affect it with the constantly increasing demand for power..... the simplist action is to cut the demand... that won't happen.

12. Advert Advert

Official Port Vale ticket shop
This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated