onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Administrator Admin team

Crewe, David Artell and influencing referees

Hmmm, I know David Artell is not well liked by us lot (and with good reason) but surely even Crewe fans must be a bit worried by this:

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/spor...icial-15378590

So (cutting past all the bleating about how decisions never go poor, misunderstood Crewe's way) he's basically saying he has told his players to try and cheat refs.

Surely if a Stoke City player can get warned by the FA for a controversial tweet, the FA need to (at least) have a word with a manager telling the press he has instructed his players to effectively cheat match officials.

2. Advert Advert

His behaviour versus their fans after our win said it all about the man baby. Most were magnanimous in defeat and freely admitted that they deserved to lose( which greatly surprised me.)He behaved like a 2 yr old toddler.

Telling your players to cheat is one thing. Telling everyone that’s what you’re doing is SO stupid it’s actually beyond belief.

I should imagine a disrepute charge will follow .....as long as a complaint is made. He also needs help as he’s clearly got issues he starting to remind me of Jim Gammom if he carries on like this he’ll end up like Ryan Burger

Not a very well educated man. In the words of the Arctic Monkeys, "What a scummy man".

Don't most managers moan and groan at officials when they are losing games and under a bit of pressure? And he's worse than most. Always has been a miserable, biased complainer who should engage his brain more before he opens his mouth. But leopards don't change their spots. Foolish and unwise comments.

I believe Leon Legge got away with murder I wonder if Artell informed the justice minister about this apparent miscarriage lol.

Crewe players have been at it for years. I remember a player of theirs called Colin Little diving to win a penalty once at our place years ago.

At least Dario maintained the pretence of the whole fair play thing.

The fact Artell told the referee's chief that he is going to tell his players to influence referees is hardly the brightest thing either. Surely that will go against them in that referee's will be aware they are trying to con referees and if a 50-50 call it will go against them?

Quote Originally Posted by valefan16 View Post
    The fact Artell told the referee's chief that he is going to tell his players to influence referees is hardly the brightest thing either. Surely that will go against them in that referee's will be aware they are trying to con referees and if a 50-50 call it will go against them?
    Yes but he is educated and we are not, I am sure Dave knows what he is doing 😁

Has Artell thought his comments through.

Crewe players have been trying to influence referees for many a year, the pratt who got Michael Tonge sent off last year was a case in point. As soon as Tonge was shown red he was back on his feet and running around like a spring chicken, Crewe player totally conned the ref.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul6754 View Post
    Has Artell thought his comments through.

Crewe players have been trying to influence referees for many a year, the pratt who got Michael Tonge sent off last year was a case in point. As soon as Tonge was shown red he was back on his feet and running around like a spring chicken, Crewe player totally conned the ref.
    I said that and got panned on here as they thought Tonge was bang to rights - it all happened on my side so I saw what happened. Probably more to do with how certain posters view Tonge.

Leopards don't change their spots and I think we saw Artell's attitude when he was the only Vale player who jumped ship when we went into admin.

12. Poster thanked by

He couldn't influence the itch on his nose.

14. Advert Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated