European Super League - Page 2
onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    One of the main issues for continental clubs is that their leagues are even less competitive than the Premiership has become. In Germany, you have just two top teams, the same in Spain, while in France (it could be argued) even two would be stretching it with the emergence of PSG. All over Europe a few teams dominate their respective leagues, so I guess they think it would be more competitive and more profitable to form the ESF.

Let them go in my view - their fans will soon be missing the distinctive kind of football you get in England, which is why the Premiership is so popular the world over. It would be like Scottish football - the same few clubs playing each other again and again, a right recipe for boredom if you ask me. And there enough big clubs in the championsip to make up the numbers if they do go.

It would be a pity to see them go but, in the long run, we might have more competitive football than we do at present.

2. Advert Advert

With the Druids in sometimes sunny Nth Wales
    If this European League were to happen and the supposed top Greed Is Good teams were to desert, what odds on The Auld Firm being invited to join in the fun south of the border ?

I personally still think this proposed EFL is pie in the sky, but if it happens so be it. Like I care.

Football will eat itself. The only hope is that when it all falls apart and the money men and women move on to the next fad the supporters can take the game back.

5. Poster thanked by

Apparently,there will be no relegations from this Super League with the winners getting £500m and the bottom club £100m.

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by For Us All View Post
    Apparently,there will be no relegations from this Super League with the winners getting £500m and the bottom club £100m.
    No longer a competitive sport, just a greed game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosse69 View Post
    No longer a competitive sport, just a greed game.
    Spot on! Now we have bloody Rooney coming back to England team for 1 game. The game's gone bonkers.

Wouldn't be a great loss, it's taking me longer and longer to get into Premier League soccer as every year goes by. I don't know most of the managers, don't know half the players even though the season is coming off a World Cup year, just seem to be losing connection/affiliation with/to it.

I accept the teams in the Premier League are there on merit but many of the fixtures have a Championship/2nd Division feel about them, eg Bournemouth vs Brighton, Huddersfield vs Cardiff etc and again I accept this is total sentiment. From what I have seen Bournemouth are one of the most enterprising teams in the EPL.

I could just as easily watch a European Super League as watch the Premier League.

Itís sad for the game in a way, I mean where would this leave the Champions League? Everton the Champions of England but still six teams higher in a pyramid that they have no access too? Seems an odd one to me, no relegation or promotion either? So whatís the point?

Fans having to travel Europe for league matches is another issue.

That said I support Port Vale and it makes no difference to us at the level of real football as it should be. Part of the reason growing up despite living in Leicestershire and being born in Leicestershire I didnít go for the Prem big boys or even Leicester or Forest like my family and friends and picked little old Port Vale (that said at the time we were a half decent second tier side!)

11. Advert Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated