onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danish Valiant View Post
    I actually think Theo Vassell did enough yesterday, to warrant a place in the team on Saturday. That way, we can also move Clark back to his preferred right back and release Rawlinson to play in the center again.
    I was impressed pre season, disappointed he has not been given a chance. Strong, pacy and good in the air. No disrespect to what Connell has achieved but felt Theo was a better option at fullback.

2. Advert Advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
    Kanu Hannant Conlon Whitfield
    Is that the cast list for the film Honey I Shrunk The Kids?

4. Poster thanked by

IFollow showing the game. That will p*ss off a Radio Sjoke commentator again.

Looking forward to the team selection. Will Aspin go for an attacking line up or will he set up for a 1-0 loss. A tough game, but a winnable game depending on the players.

Looking at the weather forecast this could be a fun filled game, 50mph winds and heavy rain. Could be a case of who deals with the conditions best and makes the least mistakes.
    Vale - the sunshine after the rain (or is it the other way round?)

Can I alter mine to 5269, please?

Quote Originally Posted by onestepatatime View Post
    Can I alter mine to 5269, please?
    Ooops, wrong post!

Quote Originally Posted by onestepatatime View Post
    Ooops, wrong post!
    Bit early to be drinking!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
    Bit early to be drinking!
    I've been up since 1am. Getting pre-match nerves now!

I can't see Aspin changing his ways, and though it draws a lot of criticism I can see him making his customary changes that will put the emphasis on not losing again.
    Though many would love to see Vassell and Clarke filling the full back berths cant see that happening, and despite the fact that again most would opt for a Miller/Pope partnership, I can see the skipper playing up front on his own again, I really can, which if it happened would really play into the leaders hands.
    Midfield is the hardest area to predict, there are so many possible permutations you could almost have a sweepstake.
    Hardcastle must have put himself into contention, and I wouldn't mind seeing him and Conlon in the middle with Whits on the left and Hannant on the right, but knowing the bosses tendency to tinker, I am probably way off the mark.
    If as I fear Pope is up top on his own again, we could well go with five in the middle, and because they are such a strong, big, and physical side (even more so if Rhead starts) can see Kay sitting in front of the back four, with Joyce and Conlon in the middle. Whatever the line up, and it's going to be such a hard game, I just hope NA grows a set and that we at least try and take the game to them, if we don't, if we sit back, I fear the worse. Don't often say this, especially at home, but would certainly bite their hand off for a draw now though!

we can't sit back and soak up the pressure against these you have got to have a go at them so we've got play 4-4-2. pope upfront with either miller or kanu pace on the wings and have pressure them like we did last season. hopefully no silly mistakes from thr defence because we have looked strong mostly its just the odd mistake keeps costing us. central midfield is the one with manny being out who do we play with conlon ? like a few have said I think id try hannant in there. but with a good away following there should be a good atmosphere and hopefully a better result for us than in the league cup game

4-4-2 for me with Kay sitting in front of the back 4 to combat their physicality, Hannant and Whitfield (If fit) on the wings, rest of the team same as last week.

It won’t be the same without Brabin squaring up to the Chuckle Brothers!

15. Advert Advert

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions