onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: World Cup 2018

Also good to see the same passion we feel from Southgate, bit different to Sven & Fabio! They only got excited on pay day.

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert Advert

I thought there were more positives than negatives myself, but christ, it was a frustrating watch at time.

For the first half an hour or so we were brilliant. Tunisia are no mugs at all, and often get results against the bigger teams in Europe. But had we had our finishing boots on we would have ripped them a new bum hole and been out of site by half-time. As it was, and as is usually the case in football, missed chances come back to bite you in the arse and that's what happened when they equalised. I could see why the penalty was given personally, it was a stupid thing to do by Kyle Walker, who looked nervy all evening, but England should have also had at least two penalties themselves. The refereeing was shocking throughout. In the second half we seemed to run out of steam a fair bit as Tunisia camped in, not helped by the humidity in the stadium which you wouldn't normally associate with Russia. But we kept trying and in the end we got exactly what we deserved. We certainly need to take our chances more more than we did (or didn't!) and defend better if we do make it out of the group stage, that's for sure.

I thought Maguire, despite some obvious nerves, was the pick of our defenders, and contributed going forward in the second half as much as anyone. Henderson did some good things, and some not so good. Tripper was excellent other than a couple of average free-kicks. Kane did what we all hoped he could do at the biggest stage. What a player. But I thought Ashley Young was absolutely diabolical. He didn't beat their full-back once, and if Danny Rose isn't starting for us on Sunday ahead of him then Southgate, someone who I've really warmed to, needs fisting. Our subs made an impact which is exactly what you want from the bench.

My team for Panama -

Pickford

Walker
    Stones
    Maguire

Tripper
    Henderson
    Loftus-Cheek
    Lingard
    Rose

Rashford
    Kane

It didn't happen for Sterling again and I think he might be more use as an impact player. I believe he'll be a different player if he can fluke a goal or score a worldie in an England shirt. It's a toss up between Alli and Lingard. Lingard missed a couple of sitters tonight but at least he was in the right positions. Alli started well enough but then offered next to nothing for the remainder of the game until he was subbed - Perhaps somewhat hindered by an earlier injury of some sort.

That said he might start with the same 11, which is fair enough. Hopefully we can be more ruthless and score a few which will give us even more confidence going into what's likely to be a very tough game against a very talented Belgium side.
    Last edited by TylerB; Yesterday at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elav trop 1876 View Post
    creating chances is one thing quality is scoring em, the fact it took an injury time winner to win the game unless we planned it that way yes we were lucky especially against a poor team which you agree they were despite their 21st ranking...England ran out of ideas as did southgate and will need to improve versus better opponents and hopefully they can
    How are they a poor team? Some people don't half talk some ******** here. They lost to Spain recently by a single goal in a game they could and should have won, and Spain didn't create even a half of the chances England did in the first 30 minutes alone. They've also drawn with Portugal, coming back from a 2 nil deficit. They're a more than decent side and very difficult to play against, and a push over for nobody.

8. Advert Advert

FREE Prediction Leagues
We have three Predictions League that are FREE to play. They are hosted by our friends at Stats FC and you’ll need to register (for free) with them to play. Links to the three leagues are below:

League Two
Premier League
Champions League

sponsored by:

VALIANT WINDOW CLEANING SERVICE
Contract/domestic work undertaken.
Can clean upto 60ft
Call/text Adam on 0774 2916 242
Email: adamfozzer@hotmail.co.uk

On this day...

From the frontpage
Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated