Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2018

Administrator Admin team
    Will the World Cup Final be a double 1789 Bastille Day Celebration for France? Or will Croatia be picking up their own copy of the 1815 Waterloo Surrender Papers?
    Last edited by Aussie Rules; 12-07-18 at 04:39 PM.
    *Every new day is a new beginning with new horizons (Barry Edge)
    *Supporting Port Vale, for real supporters, is something that's in your blood. You can't turn it off like a tap (Paul Machin)

2. Advert Advert

The main point is that we have clearly improved since Euro 2016 and can now move forward with this young team.
    I believe the best is yet to come with Gareth Southgate in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Rules View Post
    Will the World Cup Final be a double 1789 Bastille Day Celebration for France? Or will Croatia be picking up their own copy of the 1815 Waterloo Surrender Papers?
    4-0 to France Barry.

Administrator Admin team
    In a shed just behind OVF towers waiting for my ration book
    It's possible the Croatian team could fire a shot that will be heard around the world.

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by geosname View Post
    It's possible the Croatian team could fire a shot that will be heard around the world.
    Nice one Geo
    *Supporting Port Vale, for real supporters, is something that's in your blood. You can't turn it off like a tap (Paul Machin)

7. Poster thanked by

Administrator Admin team
    In a shed just behind OVF towers waiting for my ration book
    Nice one Geo
    If the French play the maginot line defence Barry it shouldn't take much to circumvent....
    Sorry... I'll get my coat

9. Poster thanked by

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by geosname View Post
    If the French play the maginot line defence Barry it shouldn't take much to circumvent....
    Sorry... I'll get my coat

My Thoughts for what they are worth.

1. We did better than I expected
    2. Having said that we had an easier route through to the semi-finals than England teams in previous competitions.
    3. Whilst our stock rose teams like Germany, Spain and non qualifying teams like Italy and Holland fell.
    4. Apart from Belgium B team beating our B team Croatia were the first decent team we faced.
    5. We could have buried Croatia in the first half. Having not done so it was the Croatian experience that came through.
    6. Our team will improve with experience.
    7. It will be a long time before an England team gets a better chance to make the Finals.

12. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by man in the pub View Post

2. Having said that we had an easier route through to the semi-finals than England teams in previous competitions.
    In 1990 we only won one of our group games and that was a struggle to beat Egypt 1-0. Our performances in the group were turgid at best and we managed 2 goals in 3 games. We beat Belgium - who were not the force they are now - in the 120th minute of the last 16 then beat Cameroon after extra time couresty of two penalties, one of which was very generous. Yet that 1990 side is supposedly better than the current mob.

Quote Originally Posted by man in the pub View Post

1. We did better than I expected
    3. Whilst our stock rose teams like Germany, Spain and non qualifying teams like Italy and Holland fell.
    4. Apart from Belgium B team beating our B team Croatia were the first decent team we faced.
    5. We could have buried Croatia in the first half. Having not done so it was the Croatian experience that came through.
    6. Our team will improve with experience.
    7. It will be a long time before an England team gets a better chance to make the Finals.

All 7 are spot on.

15. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko51 View Post
    In 1990 we only won one of our group games and that was a struggle to beat Egypt 1-0. Our performances in the group were turgid at best and we managed 2 goals in 3 games. We beat Belgium - who were not the force they are now - in the 120th minute of the last 16 then beat Cameroon after extra time couresty of two penalties, one of which was very generous. Yet that 1990 side is supposedly better than the current mob.
    You fail to mention that we also had Holland and Ireland as opposed to Tunisia and Panama. Even with the current teams the Dutch and Irish are far superior opposition to Panama and Tunisia.

17. Poster thanked by

18. Advert Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated