onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 196 of 196 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196
Results 2,146 to 2,152 of 2152

Thread: Shopping list

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattholl View Post
    No possibility he maybe be making the best of a bad situation? Easily possible he had no offer at all and or a low one and wanted to make out he was leaving of his own accord? Anyone can resign when faced with the inevitable and this could easily be the same?
    No in my honest opinion no. He emailed to say he was leaving. To me that simply indicates he wanted to leave (and wasn't pushed out). But I'm no mind reader so all I can go on is what I saw he wrote.

EDIT: I have just re-read. According to what I have seen, he wasn't offered reduced terms and so he wasn't forced out with a reduced offer / no offer. He was offered the same deal for another year and simply turned it down.

2. Advert Advert

I'm pleased with the business Aspin has done so far, but I'm sure this time last year we were also chuffed with some of the business that Brown did in the signings of Pope, Kay, Barnett, Montano & Wilson. All proven players too.

Aspin hasn't got it easy given our awful last 2 seasons and I'm sure this is why we're reaching players like Dodds on the list. Despite what fans may think we may not be that attractive a proposition.

4. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Erniemossrules View Post
    We need players who can play in the first team not squad players to make up the numbers.Dodds would be a waste of the budget which could be used towards signing a better player.
    I agree... the difference is I donít think Dodds is the last person we will sign.

Also by your logic we should only have 11 players as we only want first teamers?!!!

News flash... we can spend big on all the players... some will have to be squad players. If you donít understand that then I canít help you.

6. Poster thanked by

Twaddle- Aspin has signed some good players in brown, Legge and Hannant and also some potential in the lad of TNS and aldershot. brown brought in players who were spent forces and his mates. Completely different and highlight nothing. The time to worry about scraping the barrel is 4th August not now. Dodds is beyond all that and stinks of someone wanting to rekindle old glories, wouldnít put it past pope to be pushing for a reunion with his old pal. If so pretty disappointing rudge and Aspin can be pursuaded given Aspin said no a few months backs.
    I'm no fan of Brown, by the way, but even he brought in one or two decent players (many more bad ones).

Aspin too has made some bad signings in the short time he's been here. Partly because he, like Brown, has been frustrated in the transfer market and the players at the top of his list simply will not come. In particular, quality strikers/forward players who command a premium and who, not coincidentally, we've failed to recruit properly for years.

And that's the nub. It's 'Baldrick' Brown's fault, it's Bruno's fault, it's even Colin Garlick's fault if anybody listens to you. Anything to deflect any criticism away from our glorious leader who's been the root cause of this problem. Now it looks like we're signing Dodds, you blow a fuse but in no particular direction.

Well, these are the markets we're having to compete in these days.

8. Poster thanked by

You spent 3 years of my high school writing reports basically saying I was lazy and lacked conviction in my studies....yet all the time I was dyslexic and you and all your fellow Ďeducatorsí failed to notice that or ever mention it as a possibility. Please excuse me in which case from giving little to zero ***** about your opinion or anything else you want to input into any conversation Iím part of.

Ok the upside despite your lack of ability I managed 2 degrees and 7 (5 working for port vale) years spent working in football and I make no apologies for giving little creed to your opinions.
    Wow. You seem to have some real built up anger issues. Iím saying this genuinely... you should try and sort that out and speak to someone. Itís not good for you.

There should be no place on this forum for threads like this.
    You spent 3 years of my high school writing reports basically saying I was lazy and lacked conviction in my studies....yet all the time I was dyslexic and you and all your fellow Ďeducatorsí failed to notice that or ever mention it as a possibility. Please excuse me in which case from giving little to zero ***** about your opinion or anything else you want to input into any conversation Iím part of.

Ok the upside despite your lack of ability I managed 2 degrees and 7 (5 working for port vale) years spent working in football and I make no apologies for giving little creed to your opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Curtain View Post
    Wow. You seem to have some real built up anger issues. Iím saying this genuinely... you should try and sort that out and speak to someone. Itís not good for you.
    Thereís no built up anger at all, I just donít hold back with unrequited niceties for people who I deem not to require them. You all sit and bow down to jean like some form of village elder to laud for no reason. I donít and see no reason to for obvious reasons.

12. Advert Advert

FREE Prediction Leagues
We have three Predictions League that are FREE to play. They are hosted by our friends at Stats FC and youíll need to register (for free) with them to play. Links to the three leagues are below:

League Two
Premier League
Champions League

sponsored by:

VALIANT WINDOW CLEANING SERVICE
Contract/domestic work undertaken.
Can clean upto 60ft
Call/text Adam on 0774 2916 242
Email: adamfozzer@hotmail.co.uk

On this day...

From the frontpage
Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated