Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Aspin Says Theres A Lot of Backstabbing At The Club

Interesting interview, listen from about 5:30 in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IoAElmN4M8

2. Advert Advert

Administrator Admin team
    Neil is saying nothing controversial, just stating that 'backstabbing' is part and parcel of football - including PVFC.
    *Every new day is a new beginning with new horizons (Barry Edge)
    *Supporting Port Vale, for real supporters, is something that's in your blood. You can't turn it off like a tap (Paul Machin)

you can tell that off the field everything isn't right at the club and this isn't helping us one bit

Interesting. Can only be either some of the players, or the Chairman.

I would actually say this is very controversial. To openly admit there is backstabbing at the club you work at is a very big deal and hardly suggests he's happy here.

It isn't Smurf he's referring to as he doesn't believe he's interfered.

"There are people who probably even now don't want me here. But I know that my staff are behind me and I know that we are honest and work hard and we do the same job we have done from Day One. We don't change on that but unfortunately other people change towards us and that is obviously what is always difficult in football."

Who we saying? Garlick? Fradley? Players who have fallen out of favour such as Regis and Whitfield? I struggle to imagine Fradley has the capacity to backstab. Garlick I've never been massively keen on.

I've never seen an incumbent manager be so directly open about issues behind the scenes and people at the club legitimately wanting them gone.

Its a real shame as Aspo is a top man, who has a genuine affinity for the club and its fans, who is clearly working in a horrendous situation, with no backing and people he works with wanting him gone. I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps us up and leaves if the situation at the club doesn't change.

What is clear is that the club is toxic and broken, and needs wholesale reform this summer off and on the pitch (hopefully Aspin and Rudge being the only stability). We're an absolute shambles and a really close call like this might be the wake up call the club and fanbase needs.
    Last edited by Hagrid; 19-03-18 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Rules View Post
    Neil is saying nothing controversial, just stating that 'backstabbing' is part and parcel of football - including PVFC.
    Of course its common place throughout. But this sounds like more than a sweeping generalisation to me.

Why specifically mention Port Vale? He says his staff are the people he trusts and theres people at the club who probably even now don't want him here.

Given that we are a relatively small organisation who hes referring to

Quote Originally Posted by PV1973 View Post
    Of course its common place throughout. But this sounds like more than a sweeping generalisation to me.

Why specifically mention Port Vale? He says his staff are the people he trusts and theres people at the club who probably even now don't want him here.

Given that we are a relatively small organisation who hes referring to
    I imagine its players who have fallen out of favour

Quote Originally Posted by osprey View Post
    I imagine its players who have fallen out of favour
    Would explain the ostracising of certain players despite them being our most talented player

Quote Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
    I would actually say this is very controversial. To openly admit there is backstabbing at the club you work at is a very big deal and hardly suggests he's happy here.

It isn't Smurf he's referring to as he doesn't believe he's interfered.

"There are people who probably even now don't want me here. But I know that my staff are behind me and I know that we are honest and work hard and we do the same job we have done from Day One. We don't change on that but unfortunately other people change towards us and that is obviously what is always difficult in football."

Who we saying? Garlick? Fradley? Players who have fallen out of favour such as Regis and Whitfield? I struggle to imagine Fradley has the capacity to backstab. Garlick I've never been massively keen on.

I've never seen an incumbent manager be so directly open about issues behind the scenes and people at the club legitimately wanting them gone.

Its a real shame as Aspo is a top man, who has a genuine affinity for the club and its fans, who is clearly working in a horrendous situation, with no backing and people he works with wanting him gone. I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps us up and leaves if the situation at the club doesn't change.

What is clear is that the club is toxic and broken, and needs wholesale reform this summer off and on the pitch (hopefully Aspin and Rudge being the only stability). We're an absolute shambles and a really close call like this might be the wake up call the club and fanbase needs.
    Definitely not Fradley.

With the Druids in sometimes sunny Nth Wales
    As much as I like Aspin and agree with past comments about players, perhaps it was unwise to call individuals out publicly. Players need no excuse to kick up a fuss, especially the poorer ones. But it is all indicative of a struggling club. But let’s get one thing quite clear. All our current woes lie firmly at the owners door and certainly not at the manager’s.

Maybe he drinks too much tea and the tea lady has had enough

13. Advert Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated