Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 549 of 549 FirstFirst ... 49449499539547548549
Results 6,029 to 6,038 of 6038

Thread: Brexit again...

Quote Originally Posted by TommyMac View Post
    It dropped at a faster rate in the 2 years prior to referendum than it has in the 3 years since. I could say the uncertainty of Brexit has slowed the decline and statistically you can't prove it hasn't.

But please feel free to continue your spin on the lies (incorrect predictions ) told by the remain campaign.
    TM, Do you understand what a rate of change actually is? Let me explain;

So I'll take two years prior to 2016 rather than three years as the pound was approx 1.56 to the Dollar in 2013 and it makes your post look even more ridiculous

On 6 July 2014 pound at 1.71, on the 23 June pound was at 1.48, so the pound lost 0.23 cents of value over approx 700 days (approx 2 years).

On 23rd June 2016 the pound was at 1.48, on the 24th June 2016 it was at 1.36, a drop of 0.12 cents in 1 day.

From July 6th 2014 to 23 June 2016 the rate of change (drop) was 0.23/700 = 0.00033 cents/day.

From June 23 to June 24 2016 the rate of change (drop) was 0.12 cents/day.

In which period did the pound drop at a faster rate against the dollar, July 6th 2014 to June 23rd 2016 or June 23 2016 to June 24th 2016.

Since you won't answer I'll give you a clue, it's the latter.....it's not even close.

A rate of change = Change in y (Value of $)/Change in x (Time in days).

So it doesn't look like you or Regal understand what a rate of change is, not spin just facts.

That amount of change in a day amounts to a deflation of the pound.
    Last edited by Paul6754; Yesterday at 06:17 AM.

2. Advert Advert

Quote Originally Posted by Paul6754 View Post
    TM, Do you understand what a rate of change actually is? Let me explain;

So I'll take two years prior to 2016 rather than three years as the pound was approx 1.56 to the Dollar in 2013 and it makes your post look even more ridiculous

On 6 July 2014 pound at 1.71, on the 23 June pound was at 1.48, so the pound lost 0.23 cents of value over approx 700 days (approx 2 years).

On 23rd June 2016 the pound was at 1.48, on the 24th June 2016 it was at 1.36, a drop of 0.12 cents in 1 day.

From July 6th 2014 to 23 June 2016 the rate of change (drop) was 0.23/700 = 0.00033 cents/day.

From June 23 to June 24 2016 the rate of change (drop) was 0.12 cents/day.

In which period did the pound drop at a faster rate against the dollar, July 6th 2014 to June 23rd 2016 or June 23 2016 to June 24th 2016.

Since you won't answer I'll give you a clue, it's the latter.....it's not even close.

A rate of change = Change in y (Value of $)/Change in x (Time in days).

So it doesn't look like you or Regal understand what a rate of change is, not spin just facts.

That amount of change in a day amounts to a deflation of the pound.
    Paul your understanding of currency economics is beyond laughable. No-one with an iota of understanding of currency markets is going to give any credence to a one day price fluctuation.
    The fact is the pound fell at a faster rate in two years prior to the referendum than in the three years since.
    You are fast becoming the second most annoying poster on OVF because you have a 'know it all' arrogance on subjects you actually know nothing about.

Paul your understanding of currency economics is beyond laughable. No-one with an iota of understanding of currency markets is going to give any credence to a one day price fluctuation.
    The fact is the pound fell at a faster rate in two years prior to the referendum than in the three years since.
    You are fast becoming the second most annoying poster on OVF because you have a 'know it all' arrogance on subjects you actually know nothing about.
    He is unbelievable.

He genuinely called me a liar because I said that the definition of democracy doesn't include the word honesty.

His tactic when his head goes is to insult and abuse and accuse people of not understanding whilst failing to grasp basic undeniable facts himself.

It's a shame we can't be sensible in this thread, many other posters manage it.

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by Regal Beagle View Post
    Hence the reason we cannot afford to delay brexit any longer. We must leave in March and we must leave with no deal so that we have complete control of our economic policies.
    No control of economic policies with US ISDS clauses in the trade deals.

Interesting.

Liam Fox told us all not so long ago that he would replicate up to 40 EU trade deals a second after midnight on Brexit Day.

The poor bloke has only managed 7 continuity agreements, including the mighty Faroe Islands and Palestine. He's even admitted now that a deal with Japan won't be ready.

It's a total farce. And these are the fools we're relying on after March to stabilise and grow our economy.

Even one of the CBI's big wigs, Ben Digby, has stressed the need for No-Deal to be taken off the table. I'm liking him more and more.

The good news for everyone is that there will not be a No Deal because MPs in the Commons won't wear it.
    It'll be a Soft Brexit to maintain trade links with Europe or back to the people.

There are some issues in the world that happen which cause a sudden fluctuation in the currency or stock markets, the one on the 23 June was the Brexit referendum. On 23 June the pound vs dollar graph/chart clearly shows a precipitous fall at a higher rate than anything two or more years before it. The fall was predicted, in fact a virtual devaluation of the pound occurred and it fell even further for a few days after. The evidence is there for you to see.

However you and Regal don't wish to see evidence, facts and it is absolutely laughable you both can't see it, perhaps you don't understand.

The "3 years since Brexit referendum statement" you make is irrelevant as it is not 3 years since the referendum date and in any discussion about whether Brexit caused a fall in the pound vs dollar rate the only dates that matter are those before the Brexit day, the Brexit referendum date itself and possibly a few days after. The pound has actually had periods since 24 June 2016 where it has rallied vs pound, the rally nothing to do with Brexit but as a result of a weakening dollar because of the trade spat between the USA and China.

I know too much for you and your comments reflect that, look at the Pound/Dollar chart the information is clearly there to see for anyone with even a modicum of understanding of Maths.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul6754 View Post
    There are some issues in the world that happen which cause a sudden fluctuation in the currency or stock markets, the one on the 23 June was the Brexit referendum. On 23 June the pound vs dollar graph/chart clearly shows a precipitous fall at a higher rate than anything two or more years before it. The fall was predicted, in fact a virtual devaluation of the pound occurred and it fell even further for a few days after. The evidence is there for you to see.

However you and Regal don't wish to see evidence, facts and it is absolutely laughable you both can't see it, perhaps you don't understand.

The "3 years since Brexit referendum statement" you make is irrelevant as it is not 3 years since the referendum date and in any discussion about whether Brexit caused a fall in the pound vs dollar rate the only dates that matter are those before the Brexit day, the Brexit referendum date itself and possibly a few days after. The pound has actually had periods since 24 June 2016 where it has rallied vs pound, the rally nothing to do with Brexit but as a result of a weakening dollar because of the trade spat between the USA and China.

I know too much for you and your comments reflect that, look at the Pound/Dollar chart the information is clearly there to see for anyone with even a modicum of understanding of Maths.
    Paul you struggle with simple definitions.

'You know too much for me', your arrogance is abhorrent and that statement is miles from the truth. You have no grasp of factual information or you ignore it to suit your agenda.
    Your inane ramblings are pathetically attention seeking to a level REP can only dream of achieving. Paul I admit I was wrong; you have become the most annoying poster on OVF.
    Please stick to fighting for Donald's anti global warming fictional daydream and in your spare time perhaps you could build a wall and leave debate for the grown ups.

Complete control of our economic policies that is frightening, do you fully expect trade deals to flow in, this is not the mighty Britain of Victoria times, we will have what deals Liam Fox agrees, in other words we will be left with scraps.

No deal will be a total disaster for the U.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Regal Beagle View Post
    Hence the reason we cannot afford to delay brexit any longer. We must leave in March and we must leave with no deal so that we have complete control of our economic policies.

Quote Originally Posted by tommytunstall View Post
    Complete control of our economic policies that is frightening, do you fully expect trade deals to flow in, this is not the mighty Britain of Victoria times, we will have what deals Liam Fox agrees, in other words we will be left with scraps.

No deal will be a total disaster for the U.K.
    Sovereignty is not frightening, it's glorious.

It will take time. The beautiful thing is that Brexit isn't finalised on 29th March. That is literally the very start of it.

As much as remoaners will be claiming we've failed and should immediately jump back into the failing EU project if we haven't sewn up all the trade deals by Easter.

The positive is that we can't be much worse than the EU at arranging free trade deals, and significantly smaller nations than the UK have managed to sign significantly larger free trade deals than the EU.

12. Advert Advert

Advert
Advert
This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated