Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 392 of 400 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394 ... LastLast
Results 4,302 to 4,312 of 4392

Thread: Brexit again...

Looks like a deal is in the offing which would keep us in a customs union for an indefinite period.

Can't see Boris and company agreeing but maybe the breakthrough some of us have been waiting for. Isn't the main objection to a customs union that we couldn't make our own trade deals? Well, how about this for a radical suggestion - we negotiate our deals, then bring them into effect when the customs union finishes, when we have our trade deal with the EU? It takes ages to negotiate a trade deal and it'll take a while to negotiate that with the EU anyway.

2. Advert Advert

Quote Originally Posted by Thevalefan View Post
    So your basing your views on Brexit will be amazing, if only everyone was blindly positive about it? 😂

lf I'm positive about it, will the Brexit fairies come down from Brextopia and make it all better? 😂

I'm positive most weeks vale will win, I was positive when Bruno took over and I was positive when Smurfwaite took over. I'm still positive every week fancying a result.

Doesn't mean it will happen and the evidence is there to tell me not to get my hopes up. I'm stupid for turning up everyweek expecting three points!

Positivity/Hope as your argument for Brexit is like me arguing I will win the lottery one day because I'm hopeful my numbers will pop up! Factual reality tells me I have no chance.

Anyway, we can forget Brexit today as that Unelected and undemocratic princess Engine or whatever her silly toff name is... Is getting married!! Don't stock the food banks up, leave the homeless outside, leave people dying in hospital corridors and sod the kids who can't afford s proper meal at school.. sod em all - throw £100m of the tax payers money at it and sod the rest! 😂

Where was my vote to agree if my tax money could be spent on a Royal farce?
    Your lack of respect for people who laid down their lives for this country shows why you should move out of it.Go to Germany,you can tell them how unlucky they were in losing WW2,and stay there.The cost of today’s Royal Wedding is a round of drinks compared to the income this country gets because of the Royal Family.I take it you will be dropping a bag of shopping off at your local food bank today?Do you actually know where one is?

Quote Originally Posted by Heatwave View Post
    Looks like a deal is in the offing which would keep us in a customs union for an indefinite period.

Can't see Boris and company agreeing but maybe the breakthrough some of us have been waiting for. Isn't the main objection to a customs union that we couldn't make our own trade deals? Well, how about this for a radical suggestion - we negotiate our deals, then bring them into effect when the customs union finishes, when we have our trade deal with the EU? It takes ages to negotiate a trade deal and it'll take a while to negotiate that with the EU anyway.
    Possible deal on the way then?A bit of smoothing over with the DUP.Time led CU deal wouldn’t be so bad.There is a 2 year transition period coming up in any case.Looks like we are on our way probably on board a Spanish train.It appears some remainers in the EU still want to do business with us lepers.

I hope the UK secures a a deal favorable to the UK but I can't see it happening. If other EU countries see a Brexit which is favorable to the UK which takes the good bits and leaves the bad bits then other EU countries will leave and want the same. The preservation of the EU in its current form is uppermost in Germany and France's mind and they will just not agree or allow to a country to leave on terms not favorable to the EU.

IMHO the UK has a negotiating position as close to zero as it can get unless it chooses to continue to pay substantial sums of money into the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Howjy04 View Post
    Your lack of respect for people who laid down their lives for this country shows why you should move out of it.Go to Germany,you can tell them how unlucky they were in losing WW2,and stay there.The cost of today’s Royal Wedding is a round of drinks compared to the income this country gets because of the Royal Family.I take it you will be dropping a bag of shopping off at your local food bank today?Do you actually know where one is?
    Do you refer to the Germans who are the British royals?

If there's one thing I can't understand in this country it's the class conditioned love of royalty and an unelected head of state. Why would anyone hold someone else in esteem purely by accident of birth? Not only that but pay for the privilege too! The biggest pile of tripe ever spouted in support of royalty is to suggest they bring in significant tourism expenditure. The USA and France, for example, earn greater tourism revenues than us without suffering the indignity of being subjects to royalty, tourism to Britain would be totally unaffected by the royal ceasing to be. Anyone who supports funding of royalty through the civil list is not in a position to criticise anyone in receipt of benefits because the royals are the greatest individual recipients of benefits in the country and are even exempt the means testing applied to certain benefits.

A great thing about the EU is, like America, it's fundamentally a republic. The farce of royalty should be consigned to history where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfTheTrent View Post

If there's one thing I can't understand in this country it's the class conditioned love of royalty and an unelected head of state. Why would anyone hold someone else in esteem purely by accident of birth? Not only that but pay for the privilege too! The biggest pile of tripe ever spouted in support of royalty is to suggest they bring in significant tourism expenditure. The USA and France, for example, earn greater tourism revenues than us without suffering the indignity of being subjects to royalty, tourism to Britain would be totally unaffected by the royal ceasing to be. Anyone who supports funding of royalty through the civil list is not in a position to criticise anyone in receipt of benefits because the royals are the greatest individual recipients of benefits in the country and are even exempt the means testing applied to certain benefits.

A great thing about the EU is, like America, it's fundamentally a republic. The farce of royalty should be consigned to history where it belongs.
    Thank you Jeremy for your insight.Now pack your bags and leg it with your buddy.GSTQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Howjy04 View Post
    Thank you Jeremy for your insight.Now pack your bags and leg it with your buddy.GSTQ.
    Being a republican doesn't make me unpatriotic.

Republicanism sounds like a good idea until you consider who the president could be.

If the Royal Family hadn't been around in the 1990s how does 'President Thatcher' sound? We could have been saddled with the old bag long after her sell by date. And if you say 'but we just wouldn't have elected her', well, that would depend on whether we went for an elected presidency or an appointed one like in Ireland. What should the president be? An executive figure, like in the US, or a figurehead like the Irish example? If the latter, we've already got one of those and having an hereditary monarch is to my mind infinitely better than the assorted has been politicians we inevitably would get.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatwave View Post
    Republicanism sounds like a good idea until you consider who the president could be.

If the Royal Family hadn't been around in the 1990s how does 'President Thatcher' sound? We could have been saddled with the old bag long after her sell by date. And if you say 'but we just wouldn't have elected her', well, that would depend on whether we went for an elected presidency or an appointed one like in Ireland. What should the president be? An executive figure, like in the US, or a figurehead like the Irish example? If the latter, we've already got one of those and having an hereditary monarch is to my mind infinitely better than the assorted has been politicians we inevitably would get.
    Sorry but I fundamentally disagree, I don't believe in hereditary political privilege in any form. Whatever system is employed for an elected head of state at least they'd be the choice of the population and would serve a limited time, plus they can be removed, ie, they're accountable. Donald Trump may be a clown but he's the choice of the US electorate and will only get 8 years maximum. As for hereditary goons & despots England has a massive list of them, e.g., Henry VIII, George IV, Edward VII and next will be Charlie, a grade A useless half wit if ever there was one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thevalefan View Post
    Again showing your true colors. You just don't like the EU or Europeans. I'm sure you, FUA et al are the kinds shouting "we paid our debts to Europe in British blood circa 1939-1945 we owe them nothing!!"

Your anti European and you can't really tell anyone anything of any detailed intellect why your actually against them, that weren't reasons used by the likes of UKIP and Co.

Any deal we make will be better for the EU than us. Meaning we lose out to what we have now. We need the trade it brings. Without it we will be knackered. Any deal will be bad and a no deal would be disastrous. Lets get the Philippines and Indonesia as our partners, they know what the crack it!!
    Nothing wrong with not trusting huns waps spix dagoes frogs and slavs not forgetting quislings of course, remembering the temperance seven THE ENGLISH THE ENGLISH THE ENGLISH ARE BEST I WOULDN'T GIVE TUPPENCE FOR ALL OF THE REST,very true on with the german helmet sorry coal scuttle.

Sorry but I fundamentally disagree, I don't believe in hereditary political privilege in any form. Whatever system is employed for an elected head of state at least they'd be the choice of the population and would serve a limited time, plus they can be removed, ie, they're accountable. Donald Trump may be a clown but he's the choice of the US electorate and will only get 8 years maximum. As for hereditary goons & despots England has a massive list of them, e.g., Henry VIII, George IV, Edward VII and next will be Charlie, a grade A useless half wit if ever there was one.
    now whos showing their true colours,corbyns sucker and bum boy.

13. Advert Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated