Latest Posts Loading...

Page 411 of 411 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411
Results 4,511 to 4,513 of 4513

Thread: Brexit again...

Administrator Admin team
    Govt facilitating below minimum wage shock !! Guardian report

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...f-minimum-wage

2. Advert Advert

So we've amassed being an old bill, firefighter, army, oil rig worker, footballer, popstar, actor or city trader.

I think I'll stand by my point the main choice in life for people around my age with no qualifications. With austerity getting a job in the police is massively difficult and competitive aswell as being a fireman. Lads and women in the armed forces are well underpaid and it's shows through our numbers. Lets be honest aswell, average wage of a starting soldier is about 15k. Police officer 20k. Fireman are the only decent earners amidst that lot there. Like I said tho, it's a proper unrealistic suggestion to the general masses out there.

Offshore oil worker, fair enough - but not going accommodate 100's of 1000's jobs is it for normal everyday people. Besides that, not many people can hack that kind of job.

Footballer 😂 'recording artist' (get you) and actor haha

Great suggestions sort out the issues of jobs being supposedly being taken by foriegners.

Paul, I'll look into that and make an informed reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Thevalefan View Post
    So we've amassed being an old bill, firefighter, army, oil rig worker, footballer, popstar, actor or city trader.

Paul, I'll look into that and make an informed reply.
    It's a little tongue in cheek TVF but it used to be the joke/rumor in the 70/80's, the Oxbridge education got the connections/network to get into the city of London Merchant Banks.

Nick Leeson the guy who bankrupted Barings Bank in the 90's started at the bank straight from school as a clerk and rose to become Chief Trader or something or other despite having no formal financial training. I realize many people receive on the job training and make a success of a career without having formal training but these are incredibly high earners touted as being the brightest and best but it doesn't add up to me.

There was also a study(ies) where stocks picked at random by a computer produced higher returns than stocks chosen by traditional methods by city traders, so perhaps formal financial training is not necessary or could be detrimental!!

Apols for being widely off topic.
    Last edited by Paul6754; Yesterday at 10:30 PM.

5. Advert Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated