onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin


Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
 
 
 
Loading...
Loading...
 
 
 
 

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 11 of 267
  1. #1
    Administrator Admin team
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    15,272

    Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport

    Hopefully the improvement seen at Swindon will continue, and with fewer errors will put us on the way to 3 points. I will be happy with a 1-0 win the same as Newport`s first visit to Vale Park, but only expect a fraction of the 30,000 crowd there that evening. However the injury situation is unknown at present, which makes team selection more difficult on here but just as interesting. But on the day an early lift for the team and crowd will make all the difference.

  2. Advert Advert


  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Tunstall
    Posts
    2,666
    I have no idea what we could start with because of injuries and because players came in and put in good performances and some performed well in unfamiliar positions yesterday too.

    Mistakes aside I thought the first half team did well, but equally so did the second half side too. As well as he did in the second half I couldn’t see us starting with Gibbons at right mid if our usual midfielders are fit, but at least he gave us another option.

    Boot

    Gibbons
    Howkins
    Smith
    Montano

    Worral
    Pugh
    Tonge
    Hannant

    Forrester
    Pope

    If Newport play wingbacks then maybe that could dictate us going with that system too?

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,367
    Quote Originally Posted by PV1973 View Post
    I have no idea what we could start with because of injuries and because players came in and put in good performances and some performed well in unfamiliar positions yesterday too.

    Mistakes aside I thought the first half team did well, but equally so did the second half side too. As well as he did in the second half I couldn’t see us starting with Gibbons at right mid if our usual midfielders are fit, but at least he gave us another option.

    Boot

    Gibbons
    Howkins
    Smith
    Montano

    Worral
    Pugh
    Tonge
    Hannant

    Forrester
    Pope

    If Newport play wingbacks then maybe that could dictate us going with that system too?
    Injury permitting we looked better yesterday with Barnett up with Pope rather than Forrester.

  5. Poster thanked by


  6. #4
    Newport are in shoddy form, as are we, but we haven't actually been getting beat at home and have got 12 points from the last 6 home games.

    I wouldn't go as far as to say this is a must win, but if we drop points it will be another massive chance blown.

  7. Poster thanked by


  8. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Basford
    Posts
    1,747
    Big game , they all are now , letís get behind the team , whatever it is , and cheer them on as one !! UTV

  9. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Crewe
    Posts
    2,398
    In the game at Newport i thought they were strong down their right hand side and Gunning had a shaky game against their winger. I fear we are now weaker on our left side now so hoping we don't get too exposed.

  10. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The EU
    Posts
    11,089
    A draw or a defeat would equal the same number of league games without a win (9) that we had between January and early March last season.

  11. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Tunstall
    Posts
    2,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Injury permitting we looked better yesterday with Barnett up with Pope rather than Forrester.
    I agree. I just assumed that if Barnett tweaked his hamstring that he may be missing for this one.

  12. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    A draw or a defeat would equal the same number of league games without a win (9) that we had between January and early March last season.
    I keep thinking about this. We never seem to do well in the new year. Not sure why, it's as though there's something fundamentally wrong within the club that affects performances during this period. Not insinuating it's Smurf before anyone jumps down my throat. Just seems like it keeps happening.

    Sent from my [device_name] using the onevalefan mobile app

  13. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The EU
    Posts
    11,089
    I was thinking about that the other day.

    Even during the promotion season we were a bit ropey around this time of the year.

  14. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    penkridge
    Posts
    3,619
    This will be our 1st win in a good while and will be the start of our rise above the dross below us. I expect 3 points.

    Sent from my [device_name] using the onevalefan mobile app

  15. Advert Advert


This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated