Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport

Hopefully the improvement seen at Swindon will continue, and with fewer errors will put us on the way to 3 points. I will be happy with a 1-0 win the same as Newport`s first visit to Vale Park, but only expect a fraction of the 30,000 crowd there that evening. However the injury situation is unknown at present, which makes team selection more difficult on here but just as interesting. But on the day an early lift for the team and crowd will make all the difference.

2. Advert Advert

I have no idea what we could start with because of injuries and because players came in and put in good performances and some performed well in unfamiliar positions yesterday too.

Mistakes aside I thought the first half team did well, but equally so did the second half side too. As well as he did in the second half I couldn’t see us starting with Gibbons at right mid if our usual midfielders are fit, but at least he gave us another option.

Boot

Gibbons
    Howkins
    Smith
    Montano

Worral
    Pugh
    Tonge
    Hannant

Forrester
    Pope

If Newport play wingbacks then maybe that could dictate us going with that system too?

Quote Originally Posted by PV1973 View Post
    I have no idea what we could start with because of injuries and because players came in and put in good performances and some performed well in unfamiliar positions yesterday too.

Mistakes aside I thought the first half team did well, but equally so did the second half side too. As well as he did in the second half I couldn’t see us starting with Gibbons at right mid if our usual midfielders are fit, but at least he gave us another option.

Boot

Gibbons
    Howkins
    Smith
    Montano

Worral
    Pugh
    Tonge
    Hannant

Forrester
    Pope

If Newport play wingbacks then maybe that could dictate us going with that system too?
    Injury permitting we looked better yesterday with Barnett up with Pope rather than Forrester.

5. Poster thanked by

Newport are in shoddy form, as are we, but we haven't actually been getting beat at home and have got 12 points from the last 6 home games.

I wouldn't go as far as to say this is a must win, but if we drop points it will be another massive chance blown.

7. Poster thanked by

Big game , they all are now , letís get behind the team , whatever it is , and cheer them on as one !! UTV

In the game at Newport i thought they were strong down their right hand side and Gunning had a shaky game against their winger. I fear we are now weaker on our left side now so hoping we don't get too exposed.

A draw or a defeat would equal the same number of league games without a win (9) that we had between January and early March last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Injury permitting we looked better yesterday with Barnett up with Pope rather than Forrester.
    I agree. I just assumed that if Barnett tweaked his hamstring that he may be missing for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    A draw or a defeat would equal the same number of league games without a win (9) that we had between January and early March last season.
    I keep thinking about this. We never seem to do well in the new year. Not sure why, it's as though there's something fundamentally wrong within the club that affects performances during this period. Not insinuating it's Smurf before anyone jumps down my throat. Just seems like it keeps happening.

Sent from my [device_name] using the onevalefan mobile app

I was thinking about that the other day.

Even during the promotion season we were a bit ropey around this time of the year.

This will be our 1st win in a good while and will be the start of our rise above the dross below us. I expect 3 points.

Sent from my [device_name] using the onevalefan mobile app

15. Advert Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated