onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Aspin is taking Vale in right direction but he is no miracle worker

OVF editor Rob Fielding says some fans have unrealistic expectations of the Port Vale manager. Rob Fielding writes… It somewhat bemuses me that a manager who has revitalised a beaten unit on the pitch and taken it to relative League Two safety is being criticised by some fans for not having solved every position in […]

Click for full article

--

This is an automated feed from:

www.onevalefan.co.uk

View our home page for our latest features

--

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert Advert

Spot on Rob.

Not many people are criticising Aspin at all. It's just the odd idiot from Leek or people who still love V2001, no one of any relevance is saying anything negative about Aspo.

6. Poster thanked by

Playing devil's advocate for a moment...

He hasn't taken us to safety yet as there's still almost half a season to go. He's taken an established League One club half a dozen places up League Two whilst struggling to beat some quite poor sides. I loved Neil as a player and really want him and Rudgie to succeed but I think all this 'In Aspin We Trust' stuff is a bit daft. I don't actually think the squad Brown assembled was too bad (with a couple of exceptions) - after all, it was largely Brown players that beat Luton - it's just his management was so dire that those players looked Sunday league at best. I actually think we should be higher in the league.

*dons helmet*

We're not an established league one club anymore. Previous appointments and transfer policies have seen to that, Apsin has taken over a struggling league two side that is rebuilding and essentially starting again. I think we have a half decent squad, even if its a little unbalanced, but we are exactly where we deserve to be and in a way I hope our players never adopt a similar attitude of we're too good for this league because we are not too good for it and anyone can beat anyone.

"He's taken an established League One club half a dozen places up League Two whilst struggling to beat some quite poor sides" (mr,hobblesworth)

... established league one club? Vale? I wish.
    Nothing like one of those when Aspin took over.

10. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus O'Wye View Post
    "He's taken an established League One club half a dozen places up League Two whilst struggling to beat some quite poor sides" (mr,hobblesworth)

... established league one club? Vale? I wish.
    Nothing like one of those when Aspin took over.
    I'm confused to how a team in the relegation places of the basement division can be described as an established league 1 club.

12. Poster thanked by

We WERE an established League One team until Bonkers Bruno and Misguided Michael steered us to League 2.

We all know who Rob is "getting at" in his post. The vast majority of us know what a decent job Aspin is doing and will do if allowed to get on with it. However I and many others do express opinions that criticise certain players performances. That's what expectant fans do. There are some players, we know, who are not up to the positions they hold but that is NOT to say we criticise the manager for their performances.

There is a difference between saying a player has a bad game and needs to be replaced from saying the manager is at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.hobblesworth View Post

He hasn't taken us to safety yet as there's still almost half a season to go. He's taken an established League One club half a dozen places up League Two whilst struggling to beat some quite poor sides. I loved Neil as a player and really want him and Rudgie to succeed but I think all this 'In Aspin We Trust' stuff is a bit daft. I don't actually think the squad Brown assembled was too bad (with a couple of exceptions) - after all, it was largely Brown players that beat Luton - it's just his management was so dire that those players looked Sunday league at best. I actually think we should be higher in the league.

*dons helmet*
    Sorry, Mr. H, but for once I can't agree with you. Before Aspo came we were looking a certainty for non-league and he's turned it around with virtually the same players Brown recruited, however, that doesn't mean the squad he took on are decent but it does show, as you say, Brown was a poor manager (particularly tactically). I said on Aspo's appointment I'll see staying up this season as a monumental achievement - I think things were that bad - and our run of results over Christmas gave a false impression even though the points gained are invaluable. the last few games have shown our deeper vulnerability, especially FGR and Yeovil, and there's a long way to go for safety yet. Personally, I have a lot of faith in what Aspo's doing but I also worry that the necessary financial backing isn't forthcoming because we haven't yet recruited any players of experience and proven ability. Aspo's a proven manager of over 600 games experience who, I think, will cut it in the football league but only if he can bring in players of the required ability and that is all down to finances. I've said this before but I think if we're to be sure of survival and then climbing back up the league it'll require the big blue blob in the white hat to organise some readies.

16. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by mr.hobblesworth View Post

*dons helmet*
    Brown and Norman's biggest mistake was the size of the squad. Doesn't give us much room to manoeuvre in the transfer market!

I'm sure if you spoke to Aspin and offered him a clean slate, he would only keep 4-5 of this squad.

Realistically, we aren't going to get a player that's doing well for his team unless we pay money. Or if you're stupid enough to sign players on 6 month contracts.

18. Advert Advert

FREE Prediction Leagues
We have three Predictions League that are FREE to play. They are hosted by our friends at Stats FC and you’ll need to register (for free) with them to play. Links to the three leagues are below:

League Two
Premier League
Champions League

sponsored by:

VALIANT WINDOW CLEANING SERVICE
Contract/domestic work undertaken.
Can clean upto 60ft
Call/text Adam on 0774 2916 242
Email: adamfozzer@hotmail.co.uk

On this day...

From the frontpage
Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated