onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Change the captaincy

Who put Pope as a captain? If his performances were constant that he put in all over the pitch and was 100 percent every match but he just is not the man we need to put a backbone into the team.

Yesterday proves we have no one in defence prepared to put their fight into the cause. Too many players at the back allowing time and space for Accrington to screw themselves out of impossible positions for goals. We need someone at the back whom can make themselves make his defenders feel accountable...having a striker as a captain strikes to me as giving it to Pope because of his supporter connections to the club.

Defenders are traditionally captains simply because they can analyse what is happening in front and at the side of them...Pope cannot read the game like that nor gee up a defence from the front

Surprised no one has picked up on how poor the defence has been since Pope has been captain...change it now!!

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert Advert

Quote Originally Posted by whotobeakiller View Post
    Who put Pope as a captain? If his performances were constant that he put in all over the pitch and was 100 percent every match but he just is not the man we need to put a backbone into the team.

Yesterday proves we have no one in defence prepared to put their fight into the cause. Too many players at the back allowing time and space for Accrington to screw themselves out of impossible positions for goals. We need someone at the back whom can make themselves make his defenders feel accountable...having a striker as a captain strikes to me as giving it to Pope because of his supporter connections to the club.

Defenders are traditionally captains simply because they can analyse what is happening in front and at the side of them...Pope cannot read the game like that nor gee up a defence from the front

Surprised no one has picked up on how poor the defence has been since Pope has been captain...change it now!!
    I think the captain is a bit of an overrated title. Plus we donít have any defenders capable of leading a team?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

5. Poster thanked by

At present Kay should be captain.

7. Poster thanked by

Strikers should never be captains.

Keepers (just about), central defenders, central midfielders are the only positions that should be.

I also think Kay should be the captain.

Captain of a football team is a titular position. I hope this is not a by the back door, not again, Pope bashing? Those 15 have come in handy.

Instead of criticising Pope just hope he doesn’t get injured. i Can’t see where the goals and assists are coming from to keep our club in the league if Pope isn’t in the team.

I don’t see any other candidates for captain in our current squad. We have a lot of inexperienced players and quite a few well past their best type of players. I’m backing Pope for the job.

11. Poster thanked by

captain must a player worthy of selection and having respect of the players so with our current team not alot of choice Kay or Pope

13. Poster thanked by

Iím not criticising Pope at all. Heís fantastic for us. Scores goals and his overall gameplay is fantastic. I just donít think that strikers should be captains.

Quote Originally Posted by whotobeakiller View Post

"Who put Pope as captain" .....what a stupid question for starters

Sent from my [device_name] using the onevalefan mobile app

16. Poster thanked by

Pope as captain is absolutely fine looking at the team who else better qualified? True we have been on a terrible run with his captaincy but I think that's more to do with Aspin getting things wrong time and time again, his half time team talk must have been truly inspirational Saturday lol

Quote Originally Posted by mickyferns View Post
    Pope as captain is absolutely fine looking at the team who else better qualified? True we have been on a terrible run with his captaincy but I think that's more to do with Aspin getting things wrong time and time again, his half time team talk must have been truly inspirational Saturday lol

Talking bollox as usual.

19. Poster thanked by

20. Advert Advert

FREE Prediction Leagues
On this day...

From the frontpage
Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated