onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Aspin bans vale players from wearing gloves

I loved him as a player, but this guy just grows on me more and more as a manager.
    From his hard faced tactics with players eg Regis ,to this.
    Brilliant idea , absolute namby pamby attitude with gloves and snoods.
    Can't ever recall seeing Bernie Wright, Bob Hazell or Bobby Newton with gloves on.
    Brilliant Aspo.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport...-aspin-1068948

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert Advert

Doesn't bother me one way or the other.
    It's how they play with the ball at their feet that matters to me. I couldn't care less.

5. Poster thanked by

Gloves and snoods are for the sub's bench. If you're cold you're not running round enough.

I have some sympathy for the foreign lads who aren't used to our climate, but we don't have any of them any more - do we?

7. Poster thanked by

I'd be interested to know the sports science stuff behind wearing gloves, keeping your extremities warm etc. You don't want to be wasting energy keeping your body temperature up in the cold. Obviously there are good reasons why players wear base layer, even Aspo himself did that in his day.

Do players still put on liniment or is that too old school?

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    I'd be interested to know the sports science stuff behind wearing gloves, keeping your extremities warm etc. You don't want to be wasting energy keeping your body temperature up in the cold. Obviously there are good reasons why players wear base layer, even Aspo himself did that in his day.

I get what you mean Santa and with science etc it is a different era.
    Just sends out wrong signals to me when a player looks dithering and freezing and needs to wrap up. Maybe i'm too old school and not PC enough for this day and age.
    Imbula is a case in point at Lard, he looks like he wants to be anywhere but on the football pitch dithering around with his gloves on in AUGUST !

Good on'ya Gaffer!

There's a few of those old school managers around, aren't there.
    Here in Denmark we have an old national team player, now coaching in our Prem. He doesn't want his player wearing anything but black boots, because he wants them to focus on football, not bling value.

12. Poster thanked by

Does that include the keeper ��

14. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Wintergreen! The smell evokes memories of hanging around the VP players' tunnel as a lad. Don't suppose it's used now.

16. Poster thanked by

It’s not just foreign players . Look at Sterling , with that funny run of his , arms flapping like a bird , and gloves on him.
    Aspin is doing the right thing .

18. Poster thanked by

Perhaps he's hoping fans take note and don't wear gloves either. hard to make noise clapping with them things on.

20. Poster thanked by

21. Advert Advert

FREE Prediction Leagues
On this day...

From the frontpage
Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated