Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

RIP Johnny Aitch

Hi all,

It is with great sadness that I have to inform you all of the passing of Johnny Harrop who used the forum username Johnny Aitch on the OVF forum for many years.

Johnny sadly passed away at the age of 52 earlier this week.

I personally have many fond memories of "Aitch" and his many contributions to this forum over the years. I always got on well with Johnny personally and I will definitely miss his posts. He was a key character on this forum for many years and I am sure his posts informed and entertained many of you.

My thoughts are with his friends and family at this difficult time. I am attempting to obtain contact details so we can pass on the sympathies of the OVF community.

If you like to share a memory or post a tribute to Johnny Aitch please use this thread to do so.

Thanks,

Rob

Johnny Harrop AKA Johnny Aitch RIP Forever Valiant

2. Advert Advert

Didn't know Johnny personally although no doubt our paths have crossed watching the Vale over the years,always enjoyed his posts on here and he came across as a nice chap.R.I.P fellow valiant,condolences to all family and friends.
    Paul ( Scooby )

That is awful news. Condolences to all who knew him. I enjoyed his posts on here, they were always well considered and thought provoking.

Administrator Admin team
    In a shed just behind OVF towers waiting for my ration book
    I thought I hadnt seen him for some time.... we disagreed about a lot of things but pleasantly with no acrimony... I will miss our debates.
    Different angles of vision with passion but not aggression.

Sad news

Very sad news. 62 is no age these days. Johnny will be missed on here.

Always came across as a nice guy, who argue to ends of the earth to make you think more about what you were saying. We agreed on some things, disagreed on others. But his posts were thought-provoking and interesting. I thought I hadn't seen him for a while on here.

Sad times. All the best to his family.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient mariner View Post
    Didn't know Johnny personally although no doubt our paths have crossed watching the Vale over the years,always enjoyed his posts on here and he came across as a nice chap.R.I.P fellow valiant,condolences to all family and friends.
    Paul ( Scooby )
    Hi Scoob

John was born and bred in Norton, lived in Smithyfield Road, just above the Sterling. His mum and my mum were lifelong friends. He was 1 of 3, his sister sadly died at a young age, leaving a young family, so John's only living relative is a brother now

Such sad news

Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Marge56 View Post
    Hi Scoob

John was born and bred in Norton, lived in Smithyfield Road, just above the Sterling. His mum and my mum were lifelong friends. He was 1 of 3, his sister sadly died at a young age, leaving a young family, so John's only living relative is a brother now

Such sad news

Linda
    Thanks Linda, I lived at 75 Smithy for a while and my mum dad and brothers a lot longer so must have known him.

Oh dear, how sad.

I wasn't aware he was unwell but he never failed to inform and entertain me on here over the years. He was a true Renaissance Man and contributed intelligently to a lot of threads on a range of diverse topics. One of the best contributors, for me, bar none. It's very upsetting to hear that and it has taken me completely by surprise.

I feel quite upset about tbis news even though I never met the bloke, but that's a measure of his status on here I suppose.

My thoughts are with his family and close friends.

11. Poster thanked by

I knew John from a young boy. My mum and John's mum were lifelong friends, starting at school until his mum passed away a few years back who we always referred to as 'Aunty' and as I have said earlier he was 1 of 3 children. Unfortunately, his one and only sister died young and his dad since. John and his wife used to take his mum and mine out, even taken them on holiday.Since the passing of his mum John and his lovely wife have always kept in contact.
    John's passing has left his brother as the only living relative now.
    Thoughts are with Eileen, John's wife and Brian, John's brother.
    Such sad news. John was a lovely, kind man who will, I'm sure, be sadly missed by those who knew and loved him.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient mariner View Post
    Thanks Linda, I lived at 75 Smithy for a while and my mum dad and brothers a lot longer so must have known him.
    I would say you knew the family Scoob, everybody knew everybody back in the day

14. Poster thanked by

15. Advert Advert

FREE Prediction Leagues
We have three Predictions League that are FREE to play. They are hosted by our friends at Stats FC and you’ll need to register (for free) with them to play. Links to the three leagues are below:

League Two
Premier League
Champions League

sponsored by:

VALIANT WINDOW CLEANING SERVICE
Contract/domestic work undertaken.
Can clean upto 60ft
Call/text Adam on 0774 2916 242
Email: adamfozzer@hotmail.co.uk

On this day...

From the frontpage
Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated