onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valiant_593 View Post
    If they don't make meet each other I'd say 3 could make it. The only sides i really see the English sides struggling with are Barca and psg. City are miles ahead of most as shown tonight and spurs looked excellent against a quality side.
    Yeah. City are now very much on a par with Barca and PSG, and between them it would simply come down to who performs on the day. Spurs dominated Juventus in Turn last night which takes some doing, and especially after such a tragic start, so you can't write them off completely. Liverpool are more than capable of beating anyone on their day as they've shown time and time again and in knockout competition can't be ruled out. They have a better side now than they had the last time they won it against an outstanding AC Milan side, although that team had Steve Gerrard of course.

2. Advert Advert

Quote Originally Posted by TylerB View Post
    I think two English clubs will make the semi's this year. I'll happily have a £50-£250 bet with anyone here brave enough to actually take me on for a change?
    I think you are right, but I do not think any will win it.

Quote Originally Posted by valiant_593 View Post
    If they don't make meet each other I'd say 3 could make it. The only sides i really see the English sides struggling with are Barca and psg. City are miles ahead of most as shown tonight and spurs looked excellent against a quality side.
    City,United and Spurs.

Not rocket science but I'll go for the four biggest spenders in world football to reach the semi-finals.

Man.City
    PSG
    Man.Utd
    Barcelona.

Spurs were very impressive last night weren't they? To go away to Juventus, play like that and score two goals was a great effort.
    With a slightly better back four they could do very well, even at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by For Us All View Post
    Not rocket science but I'll go for the four biggest spenders in world football to reach the semi-finals.

Man.City
    PSG
    Man.Utd
    Barcelona.
    It would be a travesty if somehow anti-football United won the thing. Not that I think they've got an actual chance though the way they're playing at the moment, and Pogba looking like he would rather be playing across the other side of the city and for a manager that doesn't make players miserable as sin.
    Last edited by TylerB; 14-02-18 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
    Spurs were very impressive last night weren't they? To go away to Juventus, play like that and score two goals was a great effort.
    With a slightly better back four they could do very well, even at this level.
    Don't think there's too many back fours around better than Trippier, Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Rose. Spurs for one reason or another didn't start with 3 of those last night.

Davies has come on in leaps and bounds for them but had a shocker on the big stage last night, while Aurier is an absolute liability and makes Alberto Moreno look like Maldini.
    Last edited by TylerB; 14-02-18 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerB View Post
    Yeah. City are now very much on a par with Barca and PSG, and between them it would simply come down to who performs on the day. Spurs dominated Juventus in Turn last night which takes some doing, and especially after such a tragic start, so you can't write them off completely. Liverpool are more than capable of beating anyone on their day as they've shown time and time again and in knockout competition can't be ruled out. They have a better side now than they had the last time they won it against an outstanding AC Milan side, although that team had Steve Gerrard of course.
    That,Tylerla,was 13 years ago.Which major knockout competition have you won since?
    Last edited by Howjy04; 14-02-18 at 03:37 PM.

10. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Howjy04 View Post
    That,Tylerla,was 13 years ago.Which major knockout competition have you won since?
    Wow, 13 years ago, I feel old! Liverpool are great at KO competition, just because they don't win any doesn't mean they aren't the best in the world you know! Winning cups is nothing, it's all about who scores the 2nd most amount of goals in the league!

Quote Originally Posted by Howjy04 View Post
    You didn't need to add the word "knockout", Howjy.

Great result for Liverpool & a clean sheet to, not seen it but listened to it and sounded a resounded victory- City look through spurs have a slight advantage see how the others get on next week but the prem teams have lifted to another level..

14. Poster thanked by

15. Advert Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated