Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan.co.uk forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by Howjy04 View Post
    Don't think there is any toilet facilities in that part of the Lorne Street.
    I think that's the problem - if you install the seats then there are still no facilities such as refreshments and toilets in the concourse. Even allowing that side of the LS to use the facilities on the other side would doubtless lead to conjestion, delays and so on.

2. Advert Advert

They would have to move the club shop to accomodate toilets and concourse area, which is on the front of the Hamil already by the away ticket office the building under the gym with the shutters....just needs re-fitting out, make a great Family Stand then close the old family stand

The board have alway's had a plan for a better future -- their own future.

The unfinished Lorne St. stand is of no consequence to the board.
    It just adds flavour and attraction to observers of the 'EmmerVale' soap.

more important things to spend the money on like self-preservation and buying second hand shares!!!

SEO

Quote Originally Posted by robf View Post
    I think that's the problem - if you install the seats then there are still no facilities such as refreshments and toilets in the concourse. Even allowing that side of the LS to use the facilities on the other side would doubtless lead to conjestion, delays and so on.
    But they apparantly have the seats and a company was going to install them for nothing, doesn't mean that area has to be used but it'd make the ground look a whole lot better wouldn't it

Much better than concrete and it still looking like a building site I'd have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Vale View Post
    But they apparantly have the seats and a company was going to install them for nothing, doesn't mean that area has to be used but it'd make the ground look a whole lot better wouldn't it

Much better than concrete and it still looking like a building site I'd have thought.
    I'd like to see the seats in if only for cosmetic reasons. At the moment, that is all they would be for because there is no turnstile access and, as has been pointed out, no facilities in that area at all. It would at least make it look as though we were on the case though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    The steps are designed for seats..To high for standing.....So thats a no go. Health and safety issues. :(
    Yeah I know... still, we can but dream eh?

The Lorne Street Stand is unfinished? I thought it was supposed to look like that!

Mr Oliver told me years ago that there was no intention to complete the seating as we didn't have enough fans to fill it and (apart from the cost of developing that area of the ground) the costs incurred by extra stewarding etc would mean that it wouldn't be cost effective.

I'm happy to be quoted on that, to any-one, at any-time.

I just presumed every-one knew this already. Let's face it, if it was going to be completed, it would have been done by now. We're stuck with it, as it is, until the present incumbents of the club move on, and we attract further investment which is earmarked for stadium redevelopment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko51 View Post
    I'd like to see the seats in if only for cosmetic reasons. At the moment, that is all they would be for because there is no turnstile access and, as has been pointed out, no facilities in that area at all. It would at least make it look as though we were on the case though.
    As they have got the seats anyway that is a very good idea....also the youth team and reserve players plus club staff could use the seats on matchdays...
    as employees they could use the club facilities and staff toilets backstage as it were.

They should move the press area over to the other side of the tunnel (behind the home dugout) and put more seats for home fans in the bit where the media currently sit.

Just a thought.

Can Perry not find some sponsorship and have it officially called the "Unfinished Lorne Street Stand" or maybe we could buy half of Rotherhams unfinished stand before they got thrown out of Millmoor.

14. Advert Advert

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

This website is operated by OVF Ltd - all content and images (c) unless specified

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk

OVF backs the official Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants for Diversity. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence.

We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy

Views expressed in the forum are NOT necessarily those of the site owners. We do not read posts in advance but will take swift action to delete offensive posts.
To report a post please click here and follow the instructions