onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gary Roberts-Why bother

JohnJames

Trouble is, his day appears to be a Thursday in July. I said at the beginning of the season that if Roberts stayed sober we would win the League. He hasn't and we didn't.

This is the fourth club at which he has chucked his chances away with his off field activities. Our last four wins have come when Roberts hasn't started. He has been out suspended for 6 games, three of which were down to stupidity in a Reserve game. He's scored 2 goals this season and the stats show he has only 3 assists.

I agree, I'm afraid he's not worth the effort any more. He's blown his chances as far as I'm concerned.

Interesting stats and if correct PROVE he isnt worth the trouble. If he can't handle his drinking after FOUR clubs then its obvious to all he isnt going to change.

Its a shame given that "on his day" we have seen what he is capable of, however we do not have the funds or squad size to carry him hoping for that top display that is now but a distant memory.

A shame though because he is good to watch:yes:

Advert

Interesting stats and if correct PROVE he isnt worth the trouble. If he can't handle his drinking after FOUR clubs then its obvious to all he isnt going to change.

Its a shame given that "on his day" we have seen what he is capable of, however we do not have the funds or squad size to carry him hoping for that top display that is now but a distant memory.

A shame though because he is good to watch:yes:

I got the stats off the club website.

Real shame because on his day he's a class act. Sadly his day is once in a blue moon and he has yet again taken on the look of a lost soul.

Sadly I can't see many clubs looking for the hassle any longer from him. Wouldn't surprise me to see him out of league football come August.

I'm with Sage. When he wants to be Robbo is the best in this league. He needs the right manager to nurture him, Gannon wasn't a nurturer was he?! He excelled under Micky.

With respect, he only excelled for a couple of months under Micky Adams.

i think weve got bigger problems then gettin rid of roberts wudnt you agree?

Yes and No Legal Beagle was intimating that Mo would look at keeping him. I just think that he's dragged some players down with him and if we are going for a fresh start a trouble making **** head would be bottom of the list.

==str==

The Gary Roberts we had before Christmas was exceptional at this level that is beyond question. After that he was pants but so were a number of players when Gannon had totally confused them with his stupidity. The right manager may just be able to get the best out of him again as long as they are prepared to hammer him in the pocket each time he steps out of line. He is a great talent at this level.

I suggest that every time he goes on the beer that he takes me and he buys my ale. He would soon behave because he would have no option because I would soon empty his wallet.

Seriously I find Robbo a sound lad tells it as it is but he got on with Adams like a house on fire. At this level he is a jewel a rare talent. Harness him and we will all prosper.

At their very best (and I accept this isn't often enough) Louis Dodds an Doug Loft are as good. LD yesterday had a game that beat any of Roberts' performances for Vale. DL also at his best adds workrate to skill.

These two are musts for our 2011/12 squad - neither I or any other fan can really say whether Roberts should stay as only the management team know how he acts behind the scenes and the full story. Any new manager will need to be well advised by Mark Grew and others.

Archived