Vale video: Port Vale 2-1 Everton, FA Cup, 14 Feb 1996

Guest OVF Feature

Guest OVF Feature

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=width: 140]

[/TD]

[TD=width: 256]

A vintage Match of the Day clip (commentary by the late Tony Gubba) of Vale's famous Valentine's Day win over Everton. Includes post-match interviews.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 146]From:onevalefan

Views:0

icn_star_empty_11x11.gif icn_star_empty_11x11.gif icn_star_empty_11x11.gif icn_star_empty_11x11.gif icn_star_empty_11x11.gif

0ratings

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Time:21:51[/TD]

[TD]More inSports[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Advert

Cheers Rob,

I've read where other Valiants have waxed lyrical over the names Guppy, McCarthy, Bogie, Foyle et al. I've read absolutely heaps of posts about this particular game, in particular the second goal. I've even penned an OVF poem about the game itself.

And now I've seen the video :D

I was delighted to find the MOTD clips for both Everton games on a VHS tape. Previously, I think there has only been 5 mins highlights on YouTube but these are 20 min highlights. The games will be promoted off the OVF frontpage later today.

How did you convert them Rob??

Well, I originally was asked at the start of the year to convert some family videos (weddings, birthdays etc) but wasn't able to start until I finished the book.

I have the equipment now and it's bog-standard VHS to AVI software (purchased from Maplin). You plug it into the video recorder then into the PC and the software enables you to do basic editing of the clips.

The good news is that i haven't scratched the surface of the Vale videos I have. I have (somewhere) the full game of Brighton v Vale (94 promotion), Fulham 1-6 Vale (Andy Jones hat-trick), full game of the Autoglass Trophy, full game of Vale 3-1 Stoke plus numerous clips taken from BBC/Central news. Around 10-15 videos in total.

The reason for the glut of 1996 clips is that the tape I am going through is from that season. Next up is the home game against Leeds, I believe.

I haven't got everything though so if anyone has videos and are prepared to lend them to me (I will send them back) then I'd be happy to convert them too.

Archived