onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Press Conference?

Yukon

Advert

Just Micky saying 6 chairmen has been draining. Some people think we're going to have a top budget but we've got the 6th lowest.

Despite everything he's happy here.

He has no axe to grind with Vincent or any other player that leaves.

Is this with smurfs added 30%...

Anything been said about him signing his new contract that is on offer?

" I dont want to leave"Quote MA."I'm very happy here".Quote.Not sure if there is a word missing at the end of those quotes.?The answer to your question Melv,nothing mentioned in the press conference.Probably still negotiating.

Understand that, but just when you think we've finally got rid of the peeing "cash strapped little Port Vale" tag, it feels like a ****ing kick in the ******** again. :(

Nobody has said we are cash strapped, I would take MA's comment with a pinch of salt. He's keeping his cards close to his chest, which is a good thing.

We are not cash strapped, Smurf will chip in, but not throw money away on players. We have to be run as a business, there will be investment but until the income streams improve we have to take it a step at a time. Smurf is well aware of what happened at Coventry.

Don't get me wrong mate fully agree, and I suppose even a lower 6 L1 budget is better than what we've been used too. Guess like LadyVale says, perhaps I got caught up in the spin. But it was just nice hearing so much ambition coming out, after always being known as "Little Port Vale". For years we've been left behind and felt kicked in the nuts, while teams like Wigan and Blackpool have been brought out by Owners with fantastic Ambition and money to help pursue a dream. Let's hope we're not still left behind.

TBH that doesn't surprise me (re the budget). All things being equal we are never going to be able to compete gate wise with the likes of Wolves, Sheffield United et al. And of course teams like the 2 mentioned getting 20K every week will translate to their budget.

That's not to say we can't compete with them on the pitch when all is said and done plus there are other extenuating circumstances that affect teams(admin/point deductions in Coventry's case for example, and Wolves being run by Steve Morgan are likely to appoint a manager who is capable of anything(good or bad))

Having said all that, IMHO we should easily be competing(budget wise) with the likes of Walsall, Shrewsbury, Colchester, Crewe, Brentford and a few others. With a few shrewd signings and good management from Micky I think we'll be OK!

" I dont want to leave"Quote MA."I'm very happy here".Quote.Not sure if there is a word missing at the end of those quotes.?The answer to your question Melv,nothing mentioned in the press conference.Probably still negotiating.

Thanks for that.Had seen it just wondering if there had been any further info about him signing it.Which by the sound of it he WILL be doing.Just hope he does sign.

Whilst the panic sets in one of the three promoted League One sides heading to Forest, Leeds etc next season had a budget less than our League Two budget and around half what ours is expected to be next season... Little old Yeovil did it so it means little. (Although I think as said before our budget is about the average in the division).

Although it would be nice to just go out spending millions it's not realistic for us...

I suspect we will be picking up out of contract players and loanee's which is not doom and gloom whatsoever...

Look guys, when was the last time we actually bought a player? With a little bit of investment into wages, Micky was able to secure promotion for the Vale... How do you think our budget was fairing last season too the rest of the league, being in administration, debt etc etc....

Good players and professionals know of Micky Adams and what kind of manager he is... And they want to play for him..

I fully trust Micky Adams to be competitive in this upcoming season, I believe he will mak the right choices, in signings, and I believe we couldn't find a better Manager at this level to get us too the next level...

Do not panic guys... Trust Micky & Smurf.. They know what they are doing... They just need our 100% Support

So it seems like the Wildes departure proved to be more negatively significant than we gave it credit for. So it may be that the budget HAS been affected with Wildes going as he may pull out of certain projected spomsorship deals through his contacts- which from what we have heard, are quite extensive in comparison to Smurthwaite.

I really do hope we are not going down a similar road to V2001.....

So it seems like the Wildes departure proved to be more negatively significant than we gave it credit for. So it may be that the budget HAS been affected with Wildes going as he may pull out of certain projected spomsorship deals through his contacts- which from what we have heard, are quite extensive in comparison to Smurthwaite.

I really do hope we are not going down a similar road to V2001.....

How on earth did you reach that conclusioin ?

Archived