onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Press Conference?

Yukon

Advert

Stuff the agents. Lower than Estate agents or politicians some of them are. The club has to position itself (via MA & NS) very carefully. On the one hand we want to carry the enthusiasm from last season and encourage repeat and new ST sales. At the same time we want the outside world to realise we are not all of a sudden going on a spending spree funded by a bottomless pot of money.

We want to offer the right players a fair wage for the graft we expect of them. They will get a part in an ambitious club with the potential to progress beyond Yeovil (***) and ALSO be sustainable and here long term. Not just shoot up only to plummet again.

VTID.

We still haven't got rid of all the deadwood yet but probably will have in 12 months time. A good start to the season will help with gates and therefore income.

6th lowest budget in the league. Think a lot of people have been getting carried away!

Only because everything coming out of the club suggested we'd be competing at the play-off end of the table....naturally that was the best way to get ST's sold but im glad I at least know what to expect now. Survival will be considered success if we've got one of the poorest budgets - very different to the PR exercise we've been fed.

Good luck with 6,500 unless Micky can mastermind another miracle of course.

Only because everything coming out of the club suggested we'd be competing at the play-off end of the table....naturally that was the best way to get ST's sold but im glad I at least know what to expect now. Survival will be considered success if we've got one of the poorest budgets - very different to the PR exercise we've been fed.

Understand that, but just when you think we've finally got rid of the peeing "cash strapped little Port Vale" tag, it feels like a ****ing kick in the ******** again. :(

Who believes PR? Not me, a sustainable budget at the Vale should put us half way, which is competing, and good for a first season. Very few teams do double promotions. STs are useful for cash flow purposes during the Summer, but the real money is the casuals attracted by a winning team.

Just Micky saying 6 chairmen has been draining. Some people think we're going to have a top budget but we've got the 6th lowest.

Despite everything he's happy here.

He has no axe to grind with Vincent or any other player that leaves.

Understand that, but just when you think we've finally got rid of the peeing "cash strapped little Port Vale" tag, it feels like a ****ing kick in the ******** again. :(
We are not cash strapped, Smurf will chip in, but not throw money away on players. We have to be run as a business, there will be investment but until the income streams improve we have to take it a step at a time. Smurf is well aware of what happened at Coventry.

We may have the 6th lowest budget, we may not. Only Smurf, Micky and officers of the club will really know.

But what I do know is that we have Pope, Hughes, Neal, JMW and (hopefully) Jones, half a team already that is capable of playing, and holding their own, in League 1.

come on guys lets get our level heads on did we really thing budget wise we would be punching with the big boys? i expected it to be around the 2m mark which it seems it will be close to and believe we will not be splashing millions out on players as much as we would like to be in that position

micky will have to add quality in the right places to get the mix right with what we have already rather than quantity, saying that i still expect us to bring in 4 or 5 players at least in the next month or so and if we pay a fee for any of those i will totally shocked

Who believes PR? Not me, a sustainable budget at the Vale should put us half way, which is competing, and good for a first season. Very few teams do double promotions. STs are useful for cash flow purposes during the Summer, but the real money is the casuals attracted by a winning team.

Obviously we cant compete financially with the Sheffields and Wolves but if we are only allowed a % age of turnover then we cant be far off most of the rest. Bradford may have a head start on us too in terms of crowds but by and large we've got better players.

Archived