onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

players wanting to leave...

TWIGGY

if any player wants to leave, going by recent reports, then go.

jump ship just like artell did and prepare to be embarrassed when vale get promoted next season.

no player is bigger than the club.

we only want players that are proud to wear the shirt.

:upthevale:

Advert

Players are only proud to wear the shirt of the club paying them the most.

Apart from Pope and Yates along with Wikinson and Shotton at Stoke then players have no real affinity with Vale

imo

Totally agree,Adams said a few weeks back that some will stay and some wont sign,as for some players financial rewards mean more than ambition.

Totally agree,Adams said a few weeks back that some will stay and some wont sign,as for some players financial rewards mean more than ambition.

sometimes the two come hand in hand as long as you have the drive to achieve it

Apart from Pope and Yates along with Wikinson and Shotton at Stoke then players have no real affinity with Vale

imo

If anybody argues with that they need to give their head a wobble. 99% of players are as loyal as clubs are to them. Modern football is what it is. Makes the Pops, Yates, Wilkinsons etc all the more valuable.

imo

Got to add Chris Birchall to that list too. He offered to play for nowt last year during our troubles.

That said your sentiment is pretty much bob on. Shame as Micky had developed such a close knit unit that went through a lot together after the collapse of the Ryder deal. Still as in ANY industry money generally talks.

I totally understand what people are saying, football is just like any other job, generally people go where there is more money.

however, like I said in a previous post, sometimes rewards and ambition can come hand in hand.

Vincent, for example, is probably not going to be picked up by a side of our size and ambition because of his track record of injuries and inconsistency on the pitch. on his day, Vincent is a championship player, its just a shame his day doesn't come along that often.

I think that he will end up back in league two myself. but if he had stayed with us, had an injury free season and done alright, he'd be in the championship the season after, with or without vale.

if he's gone to Rotherham, good luck to him. imo, Rotherham is a step backwards. maybe they are offering more money, I don't know, but I believe its Vincent that will be left with egg on his face, just like artell/ Rigg and Richards.

imo

Griff had a change of heart after he originally went. I wonder what Riggs, Collins and Marc Richards thought about our promotion?!!!!!!

. on his day, Vincent is a championship player, its just a shame his day doesn't come along that often.

That's the point though , you can say that about a lot of players . Its all a matter of how often. In the past we have signed players who have had excellent games against us and who have turned out to be pants.

imo

What do you know about the state of mind of the Vale players ********? I'd suggest that there are more than just the two you mentioned who have a genuine affinity to Vale in the squad at the moment.

What do you know about the state of mind of the Vale players ********? I'd suggest that there are more than just the two you mentioned who have a genuine affinity to Vale in the squad at the moment.

What do you know about the state of mind of the Vale players ********?:razz:

funny how before being offered a contract all the players with expiring deals would have said they were desperate to stay..........

as soon as they get the reflief of being offered a deal, they have a bit of a cushion (fall back) they can then go about looking for better deals (obviously more money because that is ALL they care about - only Birchall really - but thats cause he has loads more than the rest) touting other clubs - talking their pay check up - which although understandable - i would like to think the club is offering much better payment terms as altho we are playin at a higher level and won promotion - most of them didnt set the world a light. Pope deservably got a better deal, JMW probably earned a payrise for performance above what was expected, but theothers didnt really stand out individually

On that basis i would offer them the same pay - just an extension - if they chopse to jump ship in search of greener grass - then they can fill their boots elsewhere!!! I mean Vincent iksnt that good is he?

In fact lower league footy players need to realise how lucky they r....there are loads of free agents about - most better quality than we have and probably would come to us for a better price.....

Having said that if the players do sign which i am sure most will.....i wouldnt be un happy because we have a good squad ethic / nucleus......but that is mainly down to MA not their own ability.......

In fact of the players out of contract really i would only b really gutted if we lost loft and daniel jones the others i9 would like to think are squad fillers.....at least i hope we are aiming to sign better!!

I see Marvin Morgan has left Shrewsbury. Not prolific, but always a handful (in a footballing sense).

According to the Shrewsbury fans around here he has been absolutely dire in League One. Generally comments that he's a complete donkey.

Admittedly he was good in League Two for Shrewsbury and Aldershot but also has an attitude problem based on how he left Shots!

Archived