onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Albion forgiven after 20 years

Bea Smith

Advert

It will take a lot more than that to forgive the Baggies.

The sight of an entire end at Wembley bouncing up and down is etched into my memory.

God knows what Villa Park must have been like in 1954.

I can remember the yard outside the station looking like the retreat from Moscow with all the long queues for the 20 odd trains. Thinking "Oh, well always another year" Well not quite.

I am not being funny, but in the end of the day you can be a Vale fan and a football fan. You have respect the fact that he was the greatest manager in English footballs history.
I beg to differ. His record in charge of one of the biggest and richest clubs in the world doesnt stand up against what bob paisley acheived at liverpool in 9 years. 3 european cups in an era when it was harder to win the trophy, back then the big clubs were not seeded to avoid one another. Six league titles in that time plus numerous other trophies. Bob paisley was head and shoulders above sir alex. Then of course there is mr brian clough who took a small second tier club to promotion then onto winning the equivalent of the premiership and won two european cups. Unbelievable achievment when put into context. I am not disagreeing that ferguson has done well, but he is not the best ever.

I beg to differ. His record in charge of one of the biggest and richest clubs in the world doesnt stand up against what bob paisley acheived at liverpool in 9 years. 3 european cups in an era when it was harder to win the trophy, back then the big clubs were not seeded to avoid one another. Six league titles in that time plus numerous other trophies. Bob paisley was head and shoulders above sir alex. Then of course there is mr brian clough who took a small second tier club to promotion then onto winning the equivalent of the premiership and won two european cups. Unbelievable achievment when put into context. I am not disagreeing that ferguson has done well, but he is not the best ever.

That's a matter of opinion but certainly Paisley,Shankly and Clough were great managers as of course was Ferguson. We could add others.

Ferguson turned Man Utd into the richest/biggest club in the world. They were not the biggest/richest when he took over. Hate Man Utd hated Fergie but as a football fan that guy was the best.

Ferguson is one of the best in England.... But world??????????

There are legends out there winning the amount of trophies with two or three different clubs. And won World cup. So one of the most influential characters on modern football he is.

Ferguson turned Man Utd into the richest/biggest club in the world. They were not the biggest/richest when he took over. Hate Man Utd hated Fergie but as a football fan that guy was the best.
I think you will find United have a bigger worldwide fan base than any other club in the world, mainly to do with the munich air disaster and the amazing work Matt busby did in the aftermath. They were one of the biggest and richest clubs in the world when he took over.

Archived