Albion forgiven after 20 years

Bea Smith

I have never had as much against West Brom as some Vale fans I know, but it has always grated that they ruined things in 1993 when our second trip to Wembley in a week turned sour and they denied us promotion with a playoff victory. Vale went up the next season anyway. History books tell me of a certain semi-final in 1954 as well.

But they are totally forgiven now, for wiping that smug expression off Sir Alex's face and the look that replaced it when the 5th Albion goal went in was almost priceless.

Yes, Fergie has been a great manager, perhaps the best football has ever seen. The level of fawning and coverage of his retirment has been just so far over the top though that it was good to see a touch of reality come into the mix.

The red-faced one has many records to his name, but I wonder if any other manager has retired and seen his team concede three goals in the last 10 minutes that he has been in charge - he really must be proud of that ! :laugh:

I have never had as much against West Brom as some Vale fans I know, but it has always grated that they ruined things in 1993 when our second trip to Wembley in a week turned sour and they denied us promotion with a playoff victory. Vale went up the next season anyway. History books tell me of a certain semi-final in 1954 as well.

But they are totally forgiven now, for wiping that smug expression off Sir Alex's face and the look that replaced it when the 5th Albion goal went in was almost priceless.

Yes, Fergie has been a great manager, perhaps the best football has ever seen. The level of fawning and coverage of his retirment has been just so far over the top though that it was good to see a touch of reality come into the mix.

The red-faced one has many records to his name, but I wonder if any other manager has retired and seen his team concede three goals in the last 10 minutes that he has been in charge - he really must be proud of that ! :laugh:

Pathetic post

Pathetic.......What has 54 and 93 got to do with one of the best managers in the games history ?

It will take a lot more than that to forgive the Baggies.

The sight of an entire end at Wembley bouncing up and down is etched into my memory.

God knows what Villa Park must have been like in 1954.

The Master is angry at this.

The Master will always feel pain when looking back at that playoff defeat.

The Master will also recognise one of the greatest, if not the greatest, managers the world has ever seen.

What a truly awful, ill thought out thread from an individual who regularly posts nonsense anyway.

Bea, stay off the beer.

I am not being funny, but in the end of the day you can be a Vale fan and a football fan. You have respect the fact that he was the greatest manager in English footballs history.

You never are. You and humour just don't mix.

It will take a lot more than that to forgive the Baggies.

The sight of an entire end at Wembley bouncing up and down is etched into my memory.

God knows what Villa Park must have been like in 1954.

What was worse was every other car on the motorway home was full of idiots going Boing ****ing boing.

it will take a lot more than that to forgive the baggies.

The sight of an entire end at wembley bouncing up and down is etched into my memory.

God knows what villa park must have been like in 1954.

packed!!

Archived